Destination Truth TV Episode: Live from Ireland-The Search for the Banshee Ghost  » TV  »
  • I have watched various programs like this (including almost every single episode from this series) and always had a bit of doubt with the evidence they collect because you just never know how much the producers could have changed off camera

• by Review Vigilante

Synopsis: Josh Gates returns with his crew and some special guests from other shows to conduct a live investigation from Ireland in an effort to prove or disprove a legend about a banshee ghost haunting an ancient castle. What I liked about this episode: I have watched various programs like this (including almost every single episode from this series) and

always had a bit of doubt with the evidence they collect because you just never know how much the producers could have changed off camera. The fact this show was live and unedited (at least for the most part) meant you don’t have anything like that going on.

Or, at very least, it’s much harder. I also loved how they had Kris Williams (of Ghost Hunters and Ghost Hunters International) examining the evidence while they were still conducting the investigation so we didn’t have to wait weeks for the results.

Oh, and even though the web site didn’t work as well as planned, I did like the idea of allowing viewers to go to syfy. com and watch the stationary cameras ...

• Destination Truth TV Episode: Live from Ireland-The Search for the Banshee Ghost
      for any sign of the banshee.

It did give me the feeling of doing my part to help out. What I didn’t like about this episode: First of all, while a good idea, the four hour length was a bit of a nuisance for me because it started at 6 p.

m. and ran until 10 p.

m. on a school night.

/> Also, there were times when this episode had a bit of a telethon feel to it; especially when Josh was interacting with his guest stars. I kept expecting him to ask me for donations.

My Final Opinion: Once again, Destination Truth paves new ground in the reality television genre. I would love to see many more shows try to keep pace and do something like this in the future.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1022031450780331/k2311a0322/3.22.11