Avon SuperSHOCK Mascara in BLACK
  • I use it almost everyday and I have no problem applying or washing off

• by frenchtomato91

Pros: Bristles on the brush can reach lower lashes (if you know how to apply mascara correctly with a medium-large brush) Formula doesn’t smudge Formula doesn’t irritate eyes

Cons: Brush may be too big for people with extra small lashes Bulky packaging

I was pleasantly surprised by this product. Here in the Philippines, Avon is a very affordable brand and I’ve learned that with cosmetics, most of the time it’s safer to buy the more expensive ones especially when it comes

to mascara. However, I was pleased upon trying this mascara. On the brush, the formula looks almost a dark gray, not black, but on the lashes it is fine. Hardly noticeable unless viewed with a magnifying glass or a macro lens.

With regards to holding a curl, it’s nothing spectacular. It doesn’t straighten, nor curl the lashes so I recomment using an eyelash curler prior to application. Even after curling, it still did not really emphasize the curl. Again, nothing ...

• special there.

Clumping? NONE. Granted I’ve only used this product for 2 1/2 months, but so far even after 2 layers of this product there has been no clumping whatsoever on the brush or on the lashes. Quite surprising since the formula is slightly thick. This is good for people who like adding layer after layer to increase volume.

With regards to volume, it does not do much to add fullness or thickness. It is good for everyday use, but for night

I combine it with a thick mascara to add more volume. This mascara is more for length than volume but I’ve found no problems when combined with another mascara, particularly the Maybelline Magnum (yellow tube, purple writing).

All in all, not bad at all for P100 (roughly $2). I use it almost everyday and I have no problem applying or washing off. It washes off with Cetaphil, if you must. No stubborn makeup remover needed. And most importantly, something you could easily buy every 3 months.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3122031450620231/k2311a0322/3.22.11