Jason Quit Bugging Me Natural Insect Repellant Spray 4.5 oz  » Health  »
0.5
  • Since I was due to spend some time outdoors and it was right in the middle of mosquito season, I thought I would try something new– a DEET free natural insect repellant made by Jason
  • Most of the products from Jason have been good in my experience, but this one let me down
  • It wasn’t horrible, but definitely not something that would make a good first impression if you happened to meet someone new
  • I know that I had sprayed my ankles very well, because I am aware that this is the first place the bugs will attack

• by reviewabit

I recently read some information on DEET and became concerned about its safety. Since I was due to spend some time outdoors and it was right in the middle of mosquito season, I thought I would try something new– a DEET free natural insect repellant made by Jason. Most of the products from Jason have been good in my experience, but this one let me down. I went to apply it and was a little surprised at the smell.

The formula relies on soy bean and geranium oil for its active ingredients, and the smell was not very pleasant. It wasn’t horrible, but definitely not

something that would make a good first impression if you happened to meet someone new. It was odd, even for a natural product, which can sometimes smell a little out of the ordinary, depending on the ingredients.

When I sprayed myself I did so very thoroughly. I went out into the garden and for the first thirty minutes or so, everything seemed fine and I did not notice getting any bites. Looking back, it may be that I already had been bitten and the itching just hadn’t started yet.

After an hour, I had at least eight bites. They were mostly on my ankles and ...

• lower legs, which for some reason, mosquitoes absolutely love. It’s been that way since I was a kid.

I know that I had sprayed my ankles very well, because I am aware that this is the first place the bugs will attack. I re-applied the spray, thinking that maybe it didn’t work for long and that’s why I got bitten. It did not stop anything.

Soon I had more bites on my arms, and even one on my face. I went back into the house, and found my old DEET based product and sprayed that over the other. Although I don’t believe I

got any further bites, I still itched all over from the ones that got me while I only wore the Jason.

I gave the product a second try, I’m not really sure why– but it failed again, just on a smaller scale because on the second occasion I was not outside for very long. I still got bitten though. Obviously, for me this does not work.

If it had done its job, I might have been willing to forgive the less-than-pleasant fragrance. Since it neither smells good nor works, I have to give it a big thumbs down. This is unfortunate, because Jason usually has very good products.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3421031450571131/k2311a0321/3.21.11