L’Eau d’Issey Pour Homme Eau d’Ete 2011 Issey Miyake Perfume
1.0
  • Just like how impressed I am with this concept, I have high expectation with this scent
  • The first thing I dislike was the quality of the entire concoction
  • Sage and cardamom was a little obtrusive but this heavy quality is also masculine in some sort so I did not have a problem at all

• by ibizaspain

The male version for L’Eau d’Issey Eau d’Ete 2011 was disappointing compared to the “for women” version. Since I purchased two bottles for both sexes, I was more excited with the “for men” version because it is the appropriate scent for me. I used the “for women” several weeks ago and it left a good impression on me.

Just like how impressed I am with this concept, I have high expectation with this scent. I have lauded Issey Miyake earlier in my review for L’Eau d’Issey Eau d’Ete 2011 ( For Women ) on the aspect of the concept, packaging and color choice. The pour homme version was the same albeit broader bottle in terms of size. The aquatic story was delightful and more suited for men. It has always been my

quest to look for citrus aromatic or aquatic scents because it really speaks of freshness. This is the foremost idea of mine when it comes to wearing scent. This is a different avenue that is worth exploring, the aquatic inspiration which always fascinates everybody.

The scent started energetic because of the top notes. It was bursting with refreshing scent, a combination of mandarin orange and yuzu. The first spray would give you sweet refreshing smell however as it last for more than five minutes, there are hints of bitter sweet aroma coming out from it. This is because the opening smell was a mix of sweet mandarin and sweet but mildly bitter yuzu. The last stage of the top notes was like a prelude to the heart. The middle notes was a ...

• mixture of spicy but grassy green smell. It has sage and then cardamom. There are hints of humid masculine smell and a little intoxicating to the nose. The dry down was composed of vetiver and amber. It smelled a little woody with hints of sweetness.

The combination of the notes was a dismay for me and like what I said, Pour Homme was not a winner. The first thing I dislike was the quality of the entire concoction. The start was impressive because the bitter hints of yuzu spoke of the masculine side. Sage and cardamom was a little obtrusive but this heavy quality is also masculine in some sort so I did not have a problem at all. Then it subside with woody and amber flavors which for me is unseemly

path. I did not know what was the intention of the scent. The concoction did not have unison and novel smell.

Another thing that I disliked is the lack of aquatic notes because this is classified as aquatic aromatic. It was like an oriental spicy perfume with oddly common spices on it. Then there was woody nuances which makes it too common. I was expecting that this perfume was breezy, less intoxicating and perpetually refreshing because of the concept used. In fact the package would give you imagination like you are submerged in the Pacific basin. But the perfume provided you with another story. There was no aquatic inspiration in the notes. The closest is the nuances produced by amber but it was to meager to wrap it up. I was not happy with this.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 5621031450371131/k2311a0321/3.21.11