Milani Lipgloss in Redwood
1.5
  • I have bought this lip gloss way back, so I am no longer sure how much I paid for this
  • My Experience and Opinion This tube of lip gloss is actually surprisingly big
  • Based on what I saw from the seller’s picture, I thought that this would be small
  • Anyway, I bought this lip gloss out of curiosity
  • Perhaps, a different shade but definitely not this one

• by hidge

The Product Redwood shade is a purplish maroon color with micro shimmers as seen from the tube.

The container is a plastic tube with a gold handle where the doe-foot applicator is attached. The total weight of this lip product is 5.02 grams.

This has a waxy but sweet scent. I did not detect any particular taste.

This has a creamy and thick consistency but does not have a sticky feel to it.

I have bought this lip gloss way back, so I am no longer sure how much I paid for this. However, based on what I have seen from the internet, this is around US$3.

My Experience and Opinion This tube of lip gloss is actually surprisingly big. Based on what I saw from the seller’s picture, I thought that this would be small. Anyway, I bought this lip gloss out of curiosity. I never had any lip products from Milani Cosmetics before, so I thought that I should give this one a try. I thought that this might be a good dark red color. However, when

I finally received and tried this, I felt disappointed; big time.

I applied this straight on my bare lips. On the positive side, this lip gloss, if I were to name this, is more appropriate to be called as liquid lipstick because this is totally pigmented. This color is very rich and deep that one swipe is more than enough. This feels very creamy, easy to glide on, thick, but not sticky.

Now for the negative side; this may be a rich color but this particular shade is just deceiving. As I have mentioned above, this looks like a shimmery maroon color with a hint of purple to it. However, when I applied this on my lips, this turned out to be darker, way darker. Instead of delivering a nice, sophisticated maroon color on my lips, this delivered a very dark and almost black eggplant color! I could not stress enough how awful this color turned out on me. However, I was able to find a way to make this lip gloss quite useful. I found out that when I ...

• apply a very tiny amount of this on my lips, spread it on, and apply a thin layer of clear gloss, this actually gives a very sheer but nice pinkish maroon color on my lips.

As for the glossiness, this lip gloss is truly glossy. Two layers of this could create a mirror-like shine that gives a flawless smoothness on my lips.

This lip gloss is very moisturizing too. This leaves my lips feeling soft, hydrated, and smooth. And even if I wipe this off my lips, I could still feel the moisture left on my lips.

Since that this lip gloss is very pigmented and thick, both the color and glossiness of this could last for a long time. This could stand a heavy meal without touch ups. This could last for three to five hours even when worn outdoors.

On my final note, this lip product did not cause me any lip itchiness, irritation, or any allergic reactions.

The Bottom Line When a lip gloss gives an extra color it is a nice bonus and when it is even more pigmented,

then it feels like buying two products in one; a lipstick and a lip gloss. However, based on my experience from this lip gloss, that statement does not apply to all lip glosses. It is good that Milani was generous enough to make this lip gloss very pigmented but then, this particular shade is just way too dark that makes it not wearable. Sure, I was able to find a way to make this color work by putting a very tiny amount and spreading it. However, it is just too hassle because I have to add another layer of clear lip gloss to make it look glossy since that a tiny amount of this alone cannot create enough shine and moisture on my lips. It could take some of my precious time when I could do a quick swipe with other lip gloss brands.

I am honestly not sure if I want to recommend this particular shade to other ladies. Perhaps, a different shade but definitely not this one.

Pros Smells nice, creamy, thick but not sticky, moisturizing, and long lasting.

Cons This shade is way too dark.

Would I buy this product again?

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3121031450271131/k2311a0321/3.21.11