Sony Clie PEG-SJ30 Color Handheld PDA  » Electronics  »
  • I wanted to purchase a handheld PDA so I decided to purchase this Sony Handheld
  • If you are someone that's on the go a lot and have to be able to keep up with documents and other files directly from your device I believe it's a must have
  • The colors are amazing and I have not had any issues with the screen
  • Since I purchased it the screen pixels have started to go out in some areas but I don't believe this is a big issue
  • Overall, I've been very impressed with it

• by John

I wanted to purchase a handheld PDA so I decided to purchase this Sony Handheld. I purchased it used from Ebay and I only paid 20 dollars for it. At this price I had to purchase it and plus it was in really good condition. It’s also sold at Several other locations online including at Amazon.com. This thing has worked very well and I’ve been satisfied with the purchase so far. If you are someone that’s on the go a lot and have to be able to keep up with documents and other files directly from your device I believe it’s a must have. When using this device you are able to access your calendar, spreadsheet and word documents directly from the palm of your hand.

Compared to most others that I have used it’s a fairly light weight device. It’s 4.1 inches long

and 2.9 inches wide. It has a very slim look and it’s also easy to handle. It has a TFT screen which works very well. The colors are amazing and I have not had any issues with the screen. Since I purchased it the screen pixels have started to go out in some areas but I don’t believe this is a big issue. The max resolution that it supports is 320×320. The resolution is adjustable so you can set it accordingly depending on your preference.

This thing has several really good features that I love about it. If you are a fan of the Palm OS like I am you are certainly going to love the software. It has Palm OS 4.1 installed. If you are used to the Palm OS it should be very easy to operate. If you are ...

• new to it, it may take a little time to get used to. The software is very efficient, it responds very fast and so far I have not experienced any issues with it going slow. It has a 33 MHz CPU which operates very well without much of a hitch. I mainly use it for storing basic data like mainly documents but if you are going to use it for more advanced data storage you may want to purchase an additional memory card for it. The internal memory is only 16 MB which can fill up very fast.

I use it regularly for syncing documents and files back and forth between my computer and the device and it’s fairly simple. There is a usb cable included for connecting it so you don’t have to purchase it separately. When it connected it to the computer it

was instantly recognized and I was able to start syncing immediately. I have Windows XP installed on my computer but if you have another software version you may be required to install additional software.

One small issue that I have noticed with it is the battery usage. It could be due to the fact that I use it a lot but I have noticed that the battery seems to run out quite fast. The battery now only lasts about 2-3 hours depending on how much I’m using it. This was not an issue with I first purchased it so it may be a defect with the particular battery that I have.

Overall, I’ve been very impressed with it. If you are in the market to purchase a handheld PDA device I believe this thing is well worth looking at. I would highly recommend it to anybody.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1620031449530531/k2311a0320/3.20.11