David Burnie’s Animal: The Definitive Visual Guide to the World’s Wildlife. A Book  » Books  »
  • I bought this book as a gift for a friend of mine
  • I found this book at my local book store and paid about $22.00 for it
  • It had by far the best wildlife photography that I have ever seen
  • I also was very impressed by how informative this book was
  • The great pictures and the interesting facts about the species in the book do make it hard to put down though

• by jonna daniels

I bought this book as a gift for a friend of mine. She and her husband are big wildlife buffs and have an extensive library of books that tells them about their favorite species. However, I felt that this book would be a great addition to their collection becausethey do not have an encylopedia that covers many different species. I found this book at my local book store and paid about $22.00 for it.

I really think that was a good price for such a book. It had by far the

best wildlife photography that I have ever seen. I have to say that I was so surprised at how crisp and clean the images were. I had not expected them to be of such good quality. I have seen wildlife books before that included photos but they were not as big nor near the quality. I also was very impressed by how informative this book was. It gives several well written and informative paragraphs per species and animal. It includes information such as food, habitat and location on earth. This book ...

• is amazingly easy to understand and was written in such away to be interesting and informative while also being simple to understand and read.

The only thing that I noticed about this book which struck me as a little odd was that it did not include any information on domesticated animals. So for those who like dogs and cats this is not the book for you. However, it does give a lot of information of wild species and gives many interesting facts which you may not have known before.

I have to

say that my friend and her husband were thrilled with the book and that it is a great conversation piece amoung many of their fellow wildlife buffs. However, I can say that I really liked the book even though I am not necessarily a big wild animal person. The great pictures and the interesting facts about the species in the book do make it hard to put down though. I have often considered buying one for myself and will probably break down and buy a copy of the book one day soon.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1720031449340531/k2311a0320/3.20.11