Nook E-reader and reading device
  • I've filled shelves upon shelves in my home with many books I love and have either read or intend to read soon
  • I enjoy collecting from my favorite authors and love to take books with me wherever I go so I may always enjoy a good read
  • Here are a few things I really like about it and a few things I don't First of all I think it's a real treat that I can take countless books with me wherever I go
  • I like the ease with which I can get books, and I'm not very technology friendly
  • What I don't like about it would apply universally to all e-readers

• by Lacy Pearl

I am a major book enthusiast. I’ve filled shelves upon shelves in my home with many books I love and have either read or intend to read soon. I enjoy collecting from my favorite authors and love to take books with me wherever I go so I may always enjoy a good read. Recently I received the Barnes and Noble Nook e-reader as a birthday gift.

Here are a few things I really like about it and a few things I don’t First of all I think it’s a real treat that I can take countless books with me wherever I go.

I often got picked on because when my hubby and I left for my parents cabin I always packed a bag that was full of books. I never knew which one I would like to read next, and I always hoped to get more read than I ever did.

Having a device that allows me to literally have hundreds of books with me at any given time is a real blessing. If there’s not a book already loaded on it, all I have to do is a little shopping. And I don’t even have to leave home (when there’s wifi).

I ...

• find the text easy to read and easy on the eyes. I like the ease with which I can get books, and I’m not very technology friendly. I often freeze when hearing the words ‘down load.

’ But when it comes to the Nook, there’s nothing to it. Just go to Barnes And Noble, and within a few minutes a person will have exactly what they need. What I don’t like about it would apply universally to all e-readers.

It doesn’t, nor will it ever feel like a real book. I love a great paperback, I love the smell, the texture

and turning the pages. I love that it’s easy to lend a paperback to my father and brother and often enjoy doing so.

I also love that my paperback will never run out of batteries. Both the Nook and a book, need a reading light, so that’s a wash. I don’t enjoy the prices that e-books are.

I can get a novel from my favorite author used for under three dollars. Any of the cheap e-books are from unknown authors. Which is the final point of the e-book world.

I miss the editors and the very worthy job they have held for years.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1618031449060631/k2311a0318/3.18.11