Burt’s Bees Garden Tomato Toner 8 oz.
  • Since I had used some tomato products before and loved them, I thought this would be a good toner to try for my combination skin
  • The rest of the ingredients read more like a recipe for salad– which is a good thing, because I prefer all natural elements for my skin care regimen
  • The problem with the product is that it is better suited for someone with oilier skin than me
  • It will definitely clean up oil from your face, but contains some natural alcohol which can irritate and sting sensitive skin
  • For those that have oilier skin, I think it would be perfect

• by reviewabit

Since I had used some tomato products before and loved them, I thought this would be a good toner to try for my combination skin. It ended up not being quite what I needed– there were good points and bad ones. One thing that attracted me to the product was the ingredient list.

It listed tea tree oil, which is one of my favorite ingredients for skin care and fragrance, and calendula, which is known for soothing irritated skin. The rest of the ingredients read more like a recipe for salad– which is a good thing, because I prefer all natural elements

for my skin care regimen.

The toner is cool and refreshing. It does not smell like tomatoes, but has a light, clean smell that is very natural and attractive.

It feels very nice to freshen up your face on a hot day. The problem with the product is that it is better suited for someone with oilier skin than me.

I would rate it somewhere along the lines of Sea Breeze as an astringent, although it is not as fragrant. It will definitely clean up oil from your face, but contains some natural alcohol which can irritate and sting sensitive ...

• skin.

After trying to use it a few times right after cleansing my face, I dropped that idea– because it burned every time, especially if I had used any kind of exfoliating treatment. Since it didn’t work out for every day use, I decided to use it just in the summer months, when my skin tends to be oilier, and not after just washing my face.

I reserve it for times when my face is decidedly oily, and hot. Under these circumstances, it works great.

After doing some work in the garden, when I come in exhausted and sweaty, it feels

wonderful to put some of this toner on a cotton ball and just stroke it across my face. I never scrub with it.

This keeps it mild and in check so that it does not irritate my skin, but just leaves a clean, refreshed feeling. I sometimes keep it in the refrigerator when the weather is really hot.

It feels fantastic when its cold. Although I cannot use this as an every day toner, I still think it is a good product– it is just not quite the right kind for my skin.

For those that have oilier skin, I think it would be perfect.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3418031448990531/k2311a0318/3.18.11