Gramp Lyford’s Country Salve 3.4 oz
  • What I decided to try it on was my cracked feet
  • I’m afraid that the problem came back soon though, so I had to repeat the treatment
  • She was quite impressed, and has purchased the product again for herself
  • But, if you want assurance that it will work, I can give that to you from personal experience

• by reviewabit

I was given a small tube of this salve by a vendor who works for a distribution center locally. It seemed charming, with a picture of someone’s grandpa on the front of the tube, in an otherwise simple packaging. The salve contains urea and allantoin, two ingredients well known for helping heal skin disorders. This salve is particularly meant to be used for cracked hands.

As the story goes, it was created to heal the cracked hands of poor Gramp Lyford who worked long hours on his dairy farm. If it is true or not, it is a charming little story. But what about the product– does it work? Yes.

It is a potent yet light salve that is reported as non-greasy according to the literature, but I find it just a tad oily. If it wasn’t a little oily, I don’t think it would work as well as it does. That said, I was not using it on severely cracked hands, so maybe for those who have the condition, it is much faster absorbing.

What I decided to try it on was my cracked feet. As it is light and unscented save for a slight masking scent, I wore it on the heels of my feet for a week. I applied it nightly and put moisture socks over ...

• it.

In the morning, I would check my feet and found that they were indeed softer than before. After a week, I felt they were healed and stopped using the salve. I’m afraid that the problem came back soon though, so I had to repeat the treatment.

It didn’t fully abate until the summer, several months later. I don’t blame the salve for this, it just took some persistence to combat my feet which at the time were being a bit abused by work demands. When my mother ran out of her diabetic foot cream, I offered her the salve to use until she replaced it.

She actually

ended up using the rest of the tube because she liked it so well. It softened her feet and her hands, as she rubbed the remainder of the salve on her hands after applying to her feet at night. She was quite impressed, and has purchased the product again for herself.

Her doctor commented on the good condition her skin was in, so that is a definite success story for Gramp Lyford’s little project. I have seen this product in natural product sections in stores, and it is quite expensive. But, if you want assurance that it will work, I can give that to you from personal experience.

It is a simple, yet effective formula.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3418031448940531/k2311a0318/3.18.11