Up and Up Extra Strength Non-Aspirin Pain Reliever PM Caplet 100 ct
  • Since this box did not cost much, I decided to keep it rather than exchange it for the regular pain reliever only product
  • The Up and Up brand from Target has always delivered good products in my opinion, and I feel confident when using their store brand
  • I think it is a great product for night time use for most people
  • Overall it is a very safe and reliable drug that I highly recommend

• by reviewabit

This product is one that I picked up accidentally when my mom asked me to get her some generic acetaminophen. I didn’t realize it had the diphenhydramine for sleep in it also. I have used similar products (Tylenol PM) and they do work nicely for pain and sleeplessness if you are susceptible to the effects of the antihistamine.

Although many people don’t realize it, this product is essentially pain reliever plus Benadryl’s anti-histamine drug. So it will not only work for pain that keeps you awake, it will also help treat allergies.

This actually makes it perfect for an allergy-related sinus headache, which I have

had my share of. Since this box did not cost much, I decided to keep it rather than exchange it for the regular pain reliever only product.

The Up and Up brand from Target has always delivered good products in my opinion, and I feel confident when using their store brand. The prices are much better than the name brands too.

If I have some pain at night, and I do not want to take a stronger drug or an anti inflammatory drug because of side effects, I take two of these. The diphenhydramine is likely to make me sleepy, although I also take a prescription ...

• drug that does the same.

The double effect will make me very sleepy indeed– so this is not something I want to do in the day time. I have had occasions where I developed a headache after an allergy attack, which causes my face, nose, and sometimes mouth and throat to swell and become painful.

Even if it is day time, I will take this product to ease that pain, because it works so much better than a pain reliever alone. I think it is a great product for night time use for most people.

Both ingredients in this drug have very good safety records, but

I would always check with a doctor if you have other medical conditions or take drugs that might interact with it. If you are not sure how it affects you, like the box says, don’t drive or operate heavy machinery.

(I always find that amusing for some reason. How heavy is heavy?) You should be aware of potential side effects from the antihistamine ingredient.

The obvious one I have mentioned, sleepiness. The other is that it can cause dry mouth and nose, especially if you are not using it for allergies and are taking it mostly at night.

Overall it is a very safe and reliable drug that I highly recommend.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3418031448820531/k2311a0318/3.18.11