Acer V173 Djb 17-Inch LCD Monitor  » Computers  »
  • If you are in the market to purchase a new monitor I believe this is a wonderful one to consider
  • Acer is a very well known brand when it comes to computers and overall in my opinion they make fairly good products
  • When it comes to most advanced gaming I have noticed that it can respond a bit slower than I expected at times but I don't believe this is a major issue
  • Overall, while gaming the graphics are good, there colors are amazing and it shows a very deep quality look
  • I would highly recommend it to anyone that wants to purchase it

• by John

If you are in the market to purchase a new monitor I believe this is a wonderful one to consider. Acer is a very well known brand when it comes to computers and overall in my opinion they make fairly good products. The Acer V173 DJB is a 17 inch flat panel monitor which is a fairly average size. This monitor is sold at several retail stores but I located it at Wal-Mart. It’s sold for a price of 95 dollars which I believe if very reasonable considering that it’s for a 17 inch monitor. After having a closer look at this thing I would have expected it to be priced a lot higher.

One really big advantage for this monitor is that it doesn’t take

up much space. If you have a very small desk I believe it would be a great addition. Overall it’s constructed fairly well. The entire outer casing is black so it will match well with most computers. There was a base included which works very well. When tilting the monitor back and fort it moves very smoothly. It has a nice loose fit so it doesn’t require much effort to adjust it. If you prefer not to sit it on your desk it also has the ability to be wall mounted so I believe that’s a great alternative if you want another option for installing it. There is a control interface located at the front of the monitor. It’s a very ...

• simple interface which makes it very easy if you want to adjust video settings such as to improve things such as brightness, clarity and color.

Overall the video on it is average. I would say that it’s a good as you could expect with a monitor at this price. The maximum resolution that it supports is 1280×1024. The contrast ratio is 20000:1. It shows up very well and it works great for most basic needs. The response time is 5ms which I believe is great considering that this it’s priced very low. When it comes to most advanced gaming I have noticed that it can respond a bit slower than I expected at times but I don’t believe this is a major issue. Overall,

while gaming the graphics are good, there colors are amazing and it shows a very deep quality look.

Overall, I believe it’s well worth buying. If you are in the market for a cheap monitor that works I believe it’s a great buy. One thing that I would make sure that you are aware of before purchasing it is that it has a VGA output on it. Most newer computer has a DVI port so you may have to purchase an adapter separately if you don’t have the VGA port. After using it for some time I have not had any problems with the pixels and most of them are still in really good shape. I would highly recommend it to anyone that wants to purchase it.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1918031448530531/k2311a0318/3.18.11