Female Betta Fish  » Pets  »
  • The tank I keep them in is this little Hawkeye one gallon aquarium that I bought off of walmart
  • I prefer to buy the females because they seem to be a touch hardier than the males
  • Like I said before, these are my favorite fish, and I highly recommend you get one as soon as you can

• by darizona97

I have now owned over three of these great fish. My female bettas have all been relatively easy to care for. The tank I keep them in is this little Hawkeye one gallon aquarium that I bought off of walmart. com, and it only cost ten dollars.

All I had to do from there is buy some gravel for the aquariums and add the water and fish. All my female bettas have had great personalities. They know that I am their owner, and they will swim to the front of the tank and start showing off

every time I walk up.

I feed them twice a day and they eat quickly each time. Bettas are my favorite fish to own because of their great colors and personalities. I prefer to buy the females because they seem to be a touch hardier than the males.

I used to keep three female bettas together with some other fish in a ten gallon tank. After a little bit of fighting during the first few days to establish senority they were great. They get along with other fish well, and they will do well together ...

• as long as they at least have some room to run and hide from each other.

Unlike some rumors, the females won’t even come close to killing each other, but the males will. Like I said before, these are my favorite fish, and I highly recommend you get one as soon as you can. They look great, and are very fun.

They are also a great way to teach your kids responsibility. By the way, I bought the fish for three dollars each at petsmart. A lot of pet stores don’t carry the females

because the males are more popular among buyers, and unlike other fish, bettas are not commonly bred.

If you can find them though, I recommend you buy them. Oh yeah, please don’t think the fish can be kept in tiny bowls. This is the equivalent of prison for them.

No species of life could successfully live in a space where it barely has room to turn around, and please don’t think the can. At least get the fish a one gallon tank, which like I said before, you can get at wamart. com for only ten dollars.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2918031448430531/k2311a0318/3.18.11