Harmen Kardon Go + Play Portable MP3 Speaker System
  • I love my Harmen Go + Play MP3 portable speaker system with docking station
  • I bought it from Best Buy here in Canada 2 years ago on the boxing day sale
  • I could not believe how simple yet amazing this little ipod dock is
  • At first I thought the price was too much, especially since I didn't go to Best Buy looking to buy an ipod dock, it was an extra purchase
  • If you need an ipod dock speaker system buy this one, you will not be disappointed

• by Christina361

I love my Harmen Go + Play MP3 portable speaker system with docking station. I bought it from Best Buy here in Canada 2 years ago on the boxing day sale. It regularly sells for $300 but we paid only $179. So I feel I got a really great deal! Even the sales associate at the register commented on how great of a price it was, and even double checked it to make sure it wasn’t an error on his register.

I had heard of H.K. (Harmen Kardon) prior to buying the speaker system, but didn’t own any of the products. What got me to even stop and look at the store was the appearance. I was drawn to the black and silver colors, as well I really like the original shape it has. It’s hard to explain, it’s kind of oval, but with a big silver handle that runs along the sides and up over the top of

it. It really reminded me of the ghetto blasters of the 80’s, but with a modern make over. I thought it was a really fun look.

So once I got it home, I plugged it in right away, and was immediately blown away with the sound! I love how the treble comes out crystal clear and the bass is thumping. I must admit I have never cranked it up to full volume, I have never needed to. I feel that it starts out loud and clear, and have only had to turn it up a bit to entertain even in a very large yard. We use it outside as well as inside. I love that it is what it claims to be very portable, play and go! There’s not a lot of bells and whistles it is so simple to use, I had no problems what so ever using it the first time, I simply put my ipod in ...

• the dock and plugged in the cord (there are battery options too) and pressed the power button and it played. I could not believe how simple yet amazing this little ipod dock is.

It comes with a remote, but don’t ask me where mine is…. I lost the remote within weeks, because I never had the need for it. You control the songs on your ipod, but the remote can switch them too. I did try it out a few times, but I just didn’t see the need to keep a small remote kicking around the house. So if it didn’t come with a remote I would have still bought it, I could really care less about the remote.

At first I thought the price was too much, especially since I didn’t go to Best Buy looking to buy an ipod dock, it was an extra purchase. However after I have had this for a while I can’t imagine my

life without it. I use my H.K. to dock my ipod and charge it, also daily to listen to music while I work out, or make dinner, do my cleaning, etc. Music is a really important part of my day, and truthfully I put off buying an ipod for so long because I thought I needed to get a Bose to get a good sound. I had tried out some in the store and was not impressed with any of the reasonably priced ones I found (under $200). So when I found the Harmen Kardon Go + Play on sale I took a chance (hey if it didn’t work out I could always return it right?) and it paid off! I love love love this ipod speaker system, and use it daily! I am giving it a 10 because it deserves a 12! If you need an ipod dock speaker system buy this one, you will not be disappointed!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1618031448410531/k2311a0318/3.18.11