Giovanni Hot Chocolate Sugar Scrub with Crushed Cocoa Beans  » Cosmetics  »
  • With all that being said I do love this chocolate sugar body scrub and I would recommend it to anyone looking for a natural chocolate scented body scrub to help exfoliate their skin well

• by Soleil Robins

Lately I have been trying the Giovanni Body Scrubs and the recent on I just tried was the Giovanni Hot Chocolate Sugar Scrub with Crushed Cocoa Beans. It was amazingly exfoliating and surprisingly moisturizing. I have to say I loved the way it smelled like chocolate too. I felt like I was taking a shower and exfoliating my skin in a chocolate factory. It was so funny too because my boyfriend came into the house after I used it and thought I had been baking something in the oven and ask what I was baking.

This chocolaty body sugar scrub is made with nourishing, exfoliating, and moisturizing ingredients like fatty acids, cocoa beans, sugar, and natural moisturizers. The scrub itself is very gritty, but not oily like most body scrubs are. It was almost like this scrub was made with

a chocolate body lotion because it was gritty like I mentioned, but very smooth and creamy too. The color of the body scrub is a chocolaty brown color with deep dark brown crushed cocoa beans throughout it which I really like. The scent of the scrub was a rich chocolate smell. I would say it smelled more like chocolate cake being baked in the oven more than a hot chocolate scent, but this didn’t bother me at all. I still found the scent to be pleasant and uplifting.

The way I used the chocolate sugar body scrub was by first getting into the shower and rinsing down with warm water and washing up with my cocoa butter soap. Do not use a strong scent body wash before using the scrub because the chocolate scent and your body wash scent will ...

• clash and make the house smell yucky. Unless it is a chocolate scented body wash or fruity one like raspberry. Then in will smell more like chocolate covered raspberries. The reason I wash up before using this scrub is because it helps soften my skin up so it is easier to exfoliate. Once I am all washed up I take several handfuls of the scrub and massage and rub it into my skin using my hands and fingertips making circular motions. The scrub is gentle, yet rough enough to get the dead layer of skin cells of my body. After I am done exfoliating my skin I rinse down with warm water and pat my skin dry. The scrub does rinse off my skin and body very well and doesn’t leave me feeling greasy or like I have a heavy
        /> oily residue on my skin. However, it doesn’t moisturize my skin enough to help keep it soft and silky so I usually always have to apply a body lotion or cream after using this body scrub.

With all that being said I do love this chocolate sugar body scrub and I would recommend it to anyone looking for a natural chocolate scented body scrub to help exfoliate their skin well. I do think this scrub is worth the price, but I do wish they would give a bigger jar of scrub for the price because I jar only gets me like 2 full body scrubs which isn’t a lot. Other than that I will get this body scrub again to use to help exfoliate my body and skin and to make my boyfriend think I am baking something in the oven.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3118031448400431/k2311a0318/3.18.11