Chef Karlin Instant Potatoes  » Food  »
2.5
  • Well, as far as cost goes, I was actually a bit surprised by how little my wife paid for ths product
  • The potatoes were actually better than I thought they would be
  • While I appreciated the lower price, I was a bit disappointed by the overall quantity in the box
  • This isn't a terrible brand and I would recommend it if you happen to be at Walgreen's and need something to go with dinner

• by Review Vigilante

Product Description: Box of instant mashed potatoes. My wife found these at our local Walgreen’s store for around $2.

What I liked about this product: Well, as far as cost goes, I was actually a bit surprised by how little my wife paid for ths product.

Walgreen’s isn’t known for being cheap on food items (which are sold as a convenience) but this was actually reasonable compared to many of their other items.

The

potatoes were actually better than I thought they would be.

I have had plenty of other brands that tasted like powder (which is what instant mashed potatoes start out as) and are dry.

These weren’t like that at all and were much closer to eating real potatoes than I thought they would be.

What I didn’t like about this product: While I appreciated the lower price, I was a bit disappointed by the overall ...

• quantity in the box.

It seemed like it would be more when we first opened it but we ended up using most of the box to feed our family of four.

I have had other brands that required us to use less of the powdered potatoes.

And, while better than some other brands of instant potatoes, these still weren’t good enough to convince me they were anything more than instant.

Again, I have had

plenty of other brands that made it much more difficult to tell them apart from homemade mashed potatoes (the kind that require you to peel and chop the potatoes first).

My Final Opinion: This isn’t a terrible brand and I would recommend it if you happen to be at Walgreen’s and need something to go with dinner.

However, if you have a choice between this brand and other, better known brands, I would recommend spending a bit more money.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2718031448320431/k2311a0318/3.18.11