Avon True Color Eyeshadow Quad in Blushing Raisins  » Cosmetics  »
1.0
  • I bought an eyeshadow from Avon a couple months ago, it was the Avon Color Eyeshadow Quad Blushing Raisins color pallet
  • So I decided to spend the $7.99 and try it out
  • I don't like to spend too much money on cosmetics but had thought the price was good enough for me
  • So needless to say I was pretty disappointed with that
  • I know you can buy brushes, but still is it that hard to put enough brushes in for the amount of shadows included

• by Christina361

I bought an eyeshadow from Avon a couple months ago, it was the Avon Color Eyeshadow Quad Blushing Raisins color pallet. It is a small black compact with four eyeshadow colors in it.

What initially drew my eye to this in the weekly Avon booklet was the colors. I really like the purple pallet. I have some green in my eyes, and purple really brings it out. Since I’m getting a little older though, I don’t want anything that’s too vibrant or radiant. I was looking for a mauve or rum raisin type of purple, and this compact has that. So I

decided to spend the $7.99 and try it out. I find that the price was good, not too much to pay. I don’t like to spend too much money on cosmetics but had thought the price was good enough for me.

Well like I said the way the color looked in the book was what sold me on trying this eyeshadow, but when it came down to wearing it, the color just wasn’t there. It has a light beige base, which is invisible, a light pink for under the brows, which is almost invisible, a mauve for the eyelids which barely shows up,

• and a raisin color for the crease which is the only one that really shows on my eyes. So needless to say I was pretty disappointed with that. I considered returning it for a refund, but I really like my Avon lady and didn’t want to take the commission away from her, so I didn’t do it. But I was really upset that it doesn’t wear the way it advertises that it should.

One thing that I do like about this Avon eyeshadow Quad is that it actually comes with 2 brushes, equaling 4 sides. I really hate it when you buy

an eyeshadow with 4 colors and it only has 2 brushes! I know you can buy brushes, but still is it that hard to put enough brushes in for the amount of shadows included? So thank you Avon for doing that.

So at the end of the day I don’t really care for this product. I essentially paid $7.99 for one eyeshadow in a big compact of wasted space, since the other 3 eyeshadows are a waste. I am not happy with it, and would have returned it, if it weren’t for my really great Avon representative. I do not recommend this product.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3118031448110431/k2311a0318/3.18.11