Almay Pure Blends Liquid Foundation  » Cosmetics  »
  • It was a great experience trying new brand because it gives you the opportunity to master makeup and give you the ability to try other brands
  • Although it is not good in terms of formula and color I like how it contains antioxidants

• by ntruya

I really like this liquid foundation because of its color but this is the only good thing I can say about this makeup. It was a great experience trying new brand because it gives you the opportunity to master makeup and give you the ability to try other brands. Almay claims that it has natural ingredients. I was influenced by the label because it says this has 94 % natural ingredients. There is that sign of relief that you normally feel if you come across a product which offers this particular composition. In my case, I feel more contentment and relief given that a more natural product provides skin-nurturing effects and safe ingredients.

This makeup is not really impressive in terms of its formula. The label provides, “lightweight formula” but I find it

too sticky. What I anticipate when a makeup is lightweight is how it feels in your skin. It should not be humid, sticky or anything inconvenient. I pressed a small amount in my fingers to test it. It is quite thick for a makeup. It takes a little while before my fingers gets separated. If this is lightweight, it should have a formula which is less pasty. Another aspect of a lightweight makeup should be less humid to the skin when apply it, whether the moment you apply it or its immediate after-effects. Sometimes there is this feeling that your makeup makes you feel warm thereby starting sweat in your face. This is exactly what I felt with Almay especially if you are exposed outside.

I have concerns about the color in this collection ...

• too. The colors blends inappropriately with your skin. I have tried two shades with this brand because it was summer at that time and I want a foundation that will match my skin tone at time. I chose the shade “tan” and surprisingly, it was darker than the shade from the bottle. After I applied it to my skin, it felt it gave my skin a more darker tone. It was not helpful in concealing skin color. I also tried a lighter shade, the shade before “tan” which is “honey”. This color has a darker shade. I purposely got two shades because I wanted to at least have another option in case the darkest tone is not working well. But the same thing with the shade “honey”, it gives you added olive skin color.
        It was not helpful at all. I was yearning for a more illuminated skin tone when I used this but it is not what I got. When you use a liquid foundation makeup, one of the things that it should be capable of giving you is a more enhanced skin tone. This product is frustrating.

Although it is not good in terms of formula and color I like how it contains antioxidants. This product has antioxidants from lotus flower and acai berry. These are good sources of antioxidants. It also has SPF 20 which helps shields your skin from the sun. This makeup is impressive in terms of choosing natural ingredients and establishing a nature-friendly philosophy. However, a makeup needs to be good in giving you great skin color when you are wearing it.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3118031447940431/k2311a0318/3.18.11