Revenge of the Bridesmaids Movie (2010)
  • I found this to be of the typical quality they produce
  • I really enjoyed how fun and light this movie was

• by mamjess

This was a cute little made for tv movie. It is intended for a younger audience if I had to guess. I would say it is appropriate for the ages 8 and up. It has little inappropriate humor, no bad language and only a very vague sexual reference. Because it is an ABC family movie you know it is not going to be inappropriate for kids. I found this to be of the typical quality they produce. The acting was good but not A+ category. They got decent actors you are familiar with but there is no way anyone was going to win any awards for

the acting in this.

In this movie we learn there was a group of friends who hung out with a rich girl but never liked her because she was spoiled and mean. They show you a flashback to let you in on this. There is also a lot of voice over in the early parts to let you know what is going on with the movie. All the friends are now in their mid twenties and two of them have moved away, the main characters played by Joanna Garcia and Raven Simone. The two return to their home town for Joanna’s parent’s anniversary and run into ...

• their nice friend whose boyfriend is now marrying their mean rich friend. After learning the rich friend is marrying the boy their nice friend still loves they decide to stay in town and sabotage the wedding. Yes this is a silly and unreal plot for a movie but it was an enjoyable watch.

I really enjoyed how fun and light this movie was. It was enjoyable to me, an adult woman, it would be fun to watch as a woman who was getting married (although the main part of the movie was about ruining a wedding, it was mainly about weddings and it was a love story) and it is

appropriate to watch with kids. With the exception of premarital sex which led to the baby the bride lies about this movie is very tame and no one would feel odd about having their children watch it.

My favorite part of this film was Raven Simone. This film was made before she lost the weight and I really enjoyed how they treated her weight. She was big and did not plan on losing weight even though the mother of the bride was rude about it. She was happy with her body and they dealt with it in a way I found to be a good influence on young girls.

Kendal says :

I was just bored on night and wanted to watch a girly comedy and came across this, I must say I am glad I chose it. This movie is hilarious and a must see. I felt like I truley knew the characters and how they felt about all the situation. I even found myself talking to the screen , rambling about what I would do in that situation and telling the characters what I thought they should do to get revenge. Great story line My favorite character was Raven Simone, she was hilarious throughout and made every part of this movie more enjoyable. It definitely would not have been the same without her in it. I can’t wait until my daughter is old enough so we can watch it together. A must save in your watchlist.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1117031447850531/k2311a0317/3.17.11