Canon MP280 4498B003 Pixma Photo All-in-One Inkjet Printer
  • If you are a home user or a small business owner, then you should definitely consider this printer
  • I believe that this is the reason to the slow printing speed
  • I can see everything I bought and the price
  • I thought that the scanning speed is also slow like the printer

• by MisterTickle

The Canon Pixa photo printer is quite cheap actually. This can be gotten at TigerDirect for only $70.99. If you are a home user or a small business owner, then you should definitely consider this printer. This printer supports both color and black and white printing. This does mean that you have to buy two different sets of ink. This is an all in one printer so this means that you can scan, photocopy, and print. For some reason, the fax feature is not on this printer. This printer supports quite a few paper types. According to the specifications, this printer accepts letter size, legal size, four by six, five by seven, eight by ten, and the envelope types. From what I can see, it accepts quite a

few paper types.

I got this printer set up with not problems at all. I used it in a matter of minutes. It’s really that easy to install this printer. This printer uses the USB connection. However, you first must install the set up disk. The set up disk took quite a while to set up. After the disk installation, everything else went smoothly. For the printer, there are two plugs. One of the plug is the power plug and the other is the USB connection, which connects to the computer. This part is very straight forward.

The actual printing is the most important part about this printer. When I printed in black and white, it was eight sheets per minute. For color printing, it is even slower ...

• at four sheets per minute. However, the quality of this printer is excellent. This printer is mainly for image printing. It will be a waste if you are going to be printing documents. This Canon printer prints in extremely high quality. I believe that this is the reason to the slow printing speed. I purchased a couple photo paper and used that to print. I find that it is great for paper. However, I do have a complaint. I find that I need to buy ink cartridges frequently. Each ink cartridge is only has seven millimeters of ink. This can be used up quite fast. Because of this, I go and buy myself a stack of this type of ink cartridges. It can get quite costly with the
        print cartridges.

The scanning quality isn’t the greatest. I simply mean that I believe that the scanning quality can be better. However, I am not saying that the scan quality is poor. I scanned a shopping receipt as a test. The image on the screen is very clear. I can see everything I bought and the price. I can even see the phone numbers and the contact information. The scanning speed is very fast though. I have to admit that I was quite surprised by this. I thought that the scanning speed is also slow like the printer. I was wrong of course. One thing this printer could get is the fax feature. Without the fax feature, there isn’t much use for this printer if I am not printing.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1617031447830531/k2311a0317/3.17.11