Capzasin Arthritis Pain Relief Quick Relief Gel Sponge Applicator 1.5 oz  » Health  »
  • Capsaicin is an ingredient that is sometimes used to treat this problem
  • Since I also had the muscle pain, I decided to try a product that was made for muscle and joint pain, that also contained capsaicin to treat the nerve issues
  • I bought the Capzasin brand at the suggestion of a pharmacist, which he recommended when I asked him which was best
  • I think this is a good product, and I give them lots of extra points for the safety factor of the applicator sponge

• by reviewabit

I have fibromyalgia, and I have used many over the counter pain relief rubs, gels, and creams. One of my symptoms associated with the illness are parasthesias, which are abnormal sensations like tingling, pinging, burning, cold or tickling on the skin that are caused by faulty nerve signals. Capsaicin is an ingredient that is sometimes used to treat this problem. On one particular flare up, I was having both persistent muscle pain and parasthesias, which manifested themselves in my hands and arms.

At first it felt like I had spider webs stuck between my fingers, then later there was burning and a sensation of soreness in the skin on the underside of

my forearms. It was very disturbing. Since I also had the muscle pain, I decided to try a product that was made for muscle and joint pain, that also contained capsaicin to treat the nerve issues.

I hoped I would kill the proverbial two birds with one stone. I bought the Capzasin brand at the suggestion of a pharmacist, which he recommended when I asked him which was best. This was not a cream, but a light gel formula.

It comes in a bottle with a sponge applicator. You never have to touch the product with your hands. This is actually a very good thing when using products ...

• containing capsaicin.

Capsaicin is the chemical in hot peppers that makes them hot. You don’t want to get it in your eyes! On the skin, it is milder, and works with the nerve endings to disguise pain. When I first applied the product to my arms, and the backs of my hands (avoiding the gingers and palm) I felt a hot sensation and also a mentholated cooling sensation all at once.

This product is potent. I was surprised that it had the menthol, and actually that was a plus. I often use Mineral Ice for my pain, and this product offered both menthol and the hot stuff to help ease

the pain.

I applied the gel over the course of several days. I can honestly say, I do think it helped a bit with the parasthesias. If nothing else, it certainly took my focus off f them.

It’s much easier to accept a sensation of heat or cold when you know where it came from, rather than strange, alien feelings that seem to come from nowhere. Such is the deal with nerve disorders. I think this is a good product, and I give them lots of extra points for the safety factor of the applicator sponge.

It is potent, yet not greasy or smelly. I would definitely recommend it.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3417031447800531/k2311a0317/3.17.11