Cuisinart PerfecTemp Kettle (CPK-17C)
  • However, I find that they are very unhealthy
  • I tried returning it because the price was too high compared to the features this kettle offered

• by MisterTickle

I usually use the traditional metal kettle for my water boiling use. I recently got the Cuisinart PerfecTemp Kettle. This kettle is probably one of those better designed and quality kettles. I have considered getting one of those cheap plastic water kettles/ boilers. However, I find that they are very unhealthy. The constant heating of the plastic make me feel too comfortable using it. This is the main reason to why I got a more expensive kettle.

This kettle is fully stainless steel except a part o the handle. This Cuisinart PerfecTemp Kettle is well built. The price of this Kettle is $79.99. I find this a bit too expensive. Other kettles are all in the twenty dollars to fifty dollars range. This kettle is way out of range. I find that it is

a bit too expensive. After using it, I cannot return it. I tried returning it because the price was too high compared to the features this kettle offered.

The capacity of this kettle is only 1.7 liters. I find this a bit small. I would prefer something bigger, maybe a three liters capacity. Water in it gets used very fast and this means constant boiling. There are six preset temperatures to choose from. The kettle can keep your water warm for the temperature you have selected. It has a thirty minute keep warm option. All these buttons are on the handle of this kettle. There is another feature, but I’m going to explain it later.

I got this kettle set up and everything. I boiled my first cup of water. The time it takes ...

• for the water to boil isn’t too bad. I can get my water around a few minutes later. I would say that it is roughly the same time as a kettle. After it boils, it has an auto shut off option. This way, the kettle isn’t constantly boiling if you are not there to manually shut off the kettle. This feature is a must have as it saves me a lot of trouble. However, the other feature is that I can lift up the kettle when it is boiling. I can lift the kettle from its base and pour myself some water and then put it back on the base for it to keep on boiling. I don’t really see the point of this feature as I would like boiled water, not almost boiled
        water. Maintenance of this kettle is quite easy actually. Since this heater has a concealed heating element to prevent mineral build up, I can simply pour a bit of white vinegar to clean the insides out. No scrubbing, or any painful cleaning required. All it really takes is just a rinse.

I do have a concern with this kettle. Since the buttons are built in on the handle, I sometimes accidentally press/ push down on one of those buttons when I am lifting up the kettle. This happens a lot especially when the water is just about full. The kettle is very nice, but the price isn’t. I tried returning it, but I cannot as this is already used. If you want a kettle that can last you a long time, then this kettle is for you.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 5317031447770531/k2311a0317/3.17.11