Movie “The Mist”  » Movies  »
  • I am going to spoil the movie for you in this review because that is the best part
  • It had touches of other movies I have enjoyed but they managed to keep most of it fresh
  • For quite awhile in this film I was upset because I thought they were just copying that film
  • To be honest for the first 30 minutes I was very disappointed because I thought it was a bad imitation
  • When they went and found the bodies that were strung up by spiderwebs and who were being used as a womb for the alien babies I was less impressed

• by mamjess

I adore a movie that leaves me shaking. Any film that you watch and walk away with mentally disturbed by the plot and not because they went with a cheap method of offending you is a real gem. Lots of movies go ahead and kill off the kids or pets for shock value but that is not what they did here. I am going to spoil the movie for you in this review because that is the best part. In fact, I was so blown away by the movie that I watched the special features to hear the commentary about the ending and how they came up with it. This is based on a story by Stephen King and he did not create the ending. He was so amazed by the ending the film makers created that he said he wished he had come up with the ending himself.

Before I totally ruin the ending, I’ll tell you about the film. The whole film was well done. It had touches of other movies I have enjoyed but they managed to keep most of it fresh. The main premise of the film with the mist coming for a town made me think of the movie the fog. In the movie fog the fog is what is attacking people. For quite awhile in this film I was upset because I thought they were just copying that film. A fog descends over a town and kills people. A bunch of people in the Mist end up locked in a supermarket for protection from the fog. To be honest for the first 30 minutes I was very disappointed because I thought it was a bad imitation. You have to get a little further before you realize there ...

• are aliens in this movie. The aliens are what turned this around for me. We don’t find out where they came from or what they were doing here until the end and the build up was awesome.

The aliens they created were good. They made them mostly bug like which made them more realistic to me. I do imagine life outside of Earth to be made up of bugs or something similar. The creatures were well made and looked real to me.

I enjoyed the death of the checker girl. Not for her death but for the creative way she died. They had her stung by a bug and her face swelled up until she died. This was unique. When they went and found the bodies that were strung up by spiderwebs and who were being used as a womb for the

alien babies I was less impressed. It reminded me too much of the Alien films.

Overall this film gets an A+ for acting, casting, special effects and dialog. It is a horror movie without relying on the old staples. The best part hands down is the ending. Thinking the end is near for them and not wanting to die at the hands of the aliens, a car full of the main characters kills themselves. The catch is their were 4 bullets, 5 people so Thomas Jane’s character does the hard part and shoots the others including his child. Then he gets out of the car and waits for the monsters to kill him only to see the US military coming in and killing the Aliens. I honestly sat there with my mouth open for minutes after this scene. Truly a great scene that I wish others knew about.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1117031447720531/k2311a0317/3.17.11