Black & Decker AS600 Cordless Screw Driver  » Hardware  »
  • I decided to purchase it because it's very easy to use and compared to a manual screw driver it eliminates a lot of hassle
  • I purchased it from Lowe's over a month ago and I paid 40 dollars for it at the time of purchase
  • The handle has lines of cushion along the grip area which I believe is a great addition
  • When holding it especially while screwing it's essential to have a very good grip and I love the fact that I am able to get a fairly good grasp with the handle
  • I would certainly recommend it to anyone that's considering it

• by John

I purchased this screw driver to do most basic house hold tasks. I decided to purchase it because it’s very easy to use and compared to a manual screw driver it eliminates a lot of hassle. I purchased it from Lowe’s over a month ago and I paid 40 dollars for it at the time of purchase. I believe the price is amazing. I had to purchase it was I saw it because the price is so much lower than other similar products that I saw.

Overall it’s 20 inches long. It’s a very small device, it’s easy to store away and it fits well into

almost any tool bag. I can say after using it for some time that this is a very tough device. The handle has lines of cushion along the grip area which I believe is a great addition. When holding it especially while screwing it’s essential to have a very good grip and I love the fact that I am able to get a fairly good grasp with the handle. The switch to change the direction of the drive is located just below the area where the hand is supposed to be located and I believe this is very convenient. You can easily switch it with ...

• one hand without much of a hassle.

It runs off of AA batteries. There are four batteries required so I would suggest having some within reach if you decide to purchase it. I love the fact that this thing is completely cordless because it’s very convenient. I owned one that had a cord attached and I know from experience that it can be a big hassle when having to drag the cord around during use.

It works very well when I need to screw something. It it 6 volts which may not seem like much but it’s enough to get the job done. It’s not as powerful

as a drill so I would not suggest purchasing it if you want to use it for more heavy duty work. The motor goes up to 130 RMP. I mainly use it for basic everyday uses and it works perfectly. You won’t have to purchase any basic drill bit because it’s included. There is a drill bit included that included both the flat head and the philips head.

Overall, I believe this is a fairly good product. It’s a bit more expensive than a manual screw driver but I believe it’s well worth the price over time. I would certainly recommend it to anyone that’s considering it.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3317031447300431/k2311a0317/3.17.11