St. Louis Bread Company Turkey Artichoke Panini  » Food  »
  • But I wasn’t too disappointed because the Panini actually had good artichoke flavor
  • Not only would I recommend this sandwich, I’m going out the door to get another one

• by carblover

People go crazy for artichokes but not a lot of people have ever had fresh artichokes. Who can blame them? Looking at the artichoke in the produce section proposes a conundrum: how in the world do you eat this thing? The whole thing looks and feels pretty much inedible, not to mention prickly to the touch. But believe it or not, it has incredible flavor… edible part that is. The first time I ate an artichoke, I didn’t realize that most of the “meat” was

in the heart, which you have to work to get to. I ended up eating the ends of the leaves and throwing away the rest – oh, what a waste.

When I saw the Turkey Artichoke Panini, I had to have it. I love artichoke hearts! I ordered it without reading the fine print on the description: it was actually an artichoke spread with spinach. I was expecting to bite into marinated artichoke hearts with turkey and cheese. But I wasn’t too disappointed because the ...

• Panini actually had good artichoke flavor. The spread was rich and filled with artichoke texture and flavor. It complemented with the warm deli turkey very well. An ingredient that is not to be dismissed is the asiago cheese. There was just a little bit but that was enough. The flavor of this cheese was intense! It was sharp and well-rounded, almost between the intensity of good parmesan and bleu cheese. This cheese and the artichoke spread made the sandwich. The spread also
        had spinach, but unless it was pointed out to me, I wouldn’t have known. As for the vegetables, the Panini had tomatoes and caramelized onions, which added texture and balance. It comes on thick Italian flatbread (focaccia) and pressed enough to allow all the ingredients to marry deliciously together. The thick bread was necessary to soak up the oils from the spread and onions.

Doesn’t this Panini sound delicious? It was! Not only would I recommend this sandwich, I’m going out the door to get another one!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2717031446930331/k2311a0317/3.17.11