Wanchai Ferry Orange Chicken frozen entree  » Food  »
  • One of the things I like best about this frozen skillet meal entree is that it is easy to prepare
  • The package says it contains two servings and I think that is about right, though it would probably be helpful to serve it with an eggroll or some wonton soup if you could
  • It definitely has that taste of China restaurant kind of flavor to it
  • If you like the ease of preparation that you find with frozen skillet dinner meals, but feel like they are all the same after a while, then I recommend that you give Wanchai Ferry Orange Chicken frozen dinner entree a try
  • If you try it, I don't think you will be disappointed

• by deem

I finally decided to try a Wanchai Ferry Orange Chicken frozen entree after wathcing many commercials that compared them favorably to Chinese restaurant takeout. I admit that I can be a sucker for marketing promotions. However, in this case, I am happy that I gave in to the marketing hype. I have now purchased Wanchai Ferry Orange Chicken frozen entree several times and it has become one of my favorite frozen skillet meals.

One of the things I like best about this frozen skillet meal entree is that it is easy to prepare. It is packaged in a plastic bag that you can find in the frozen foods section of your local supermarket. In the plastic bag, there is a pouch for the white rice and then there is the chicken and vegetable and sauce that comprises the rest of the Wanchai Ferry Orange Chicken frozen entree. The chicken, the vegetable, and the sauce are all heated together

in a skillet; the rice is steamed in the mircrowave in its steamer pouch, separately.

The chicken in this entree was lightly breaded, bite sized, and had a good texture. It did not have that peculiar, rubbery texture that i feel chicken pieces in frozen entrees often have. Another good thing about the Wanchai Ferry chicken is that it is already precooked to 160 degrfees Fahrenheit. Therefore, you don’t have to worry about whether each piece is cooked properly as you heat it in the skillet. If it’s hot, it is safe to heat. The vegetables were plentiful, consisting of broccoli, julienned carrots, and delicate baby corn. All of the vegetables had a good texture that did not get soggy or limp while cooking. The orange glaze is fabulous — tangy and flavorful and just a little bit on the spicy side. The rice steamed perfectly and effortlessly in the microwave, too.

• The whole meal was ready in about fifteen minutes. To serve, I only had to open the rice pouch and pour the rice onto a plate. Then I topped with the chicken, vegetable, and orange glaze mixture from the skillet. Both my daughter and I raved about this dinner all evening. Great taste, something different, easy to prepare, and only a single skillet to clean up at the end of the process.

The Wanchai Ferry Orange Chicken frozen entree was very tasty and flavorful. The package says it contains two servings and I think that is about right, though it would probably be helpful to serve it with an eggroll or some wonton soup if you could. While I will still be dropping by my favorite Chinese restaurant from time to time, I will also be enjoying the Wanchai Ferry Orange Chicken frozen entree from time to time. It definitely has

that “taste of China” restaurant kind of flavor to it.

The only drawback to the Wanchai Ferry Orange Chicken frozen entree is the price. In my supermarket, a package costs about $7.50 to $8.00. that is a little more than I usually like to spend for a frozen dinner meal, even if it serves two. Therefore, I try to stock up when they are on sale, which happens from time to time, and I try to use coupons when I find them. Then they are a real bargain.

If you like the ease of preparation that you find with frozen skillet dinner meals, but feel like they are all the same after a while, then I recommend that you give Wanchai Ferry Orange Chicken frozen dinner entree a try. I find that it provides a delightful change of pace and is very flavorful. If you try it, I don’t think you will be disappointed.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2717031446660331/k2311a0317/3.17.11