Sprint Cellular Phone Service
0.5
  • I enjoy talking on the phone to friends and family and often engage in lengthy conversations
  • However, with the new Sprint cell phone, the quality of the call was often quite bad, unacceptable in my opinion
  • Another major problem was the voicemail and text system

• by kaygen

We recently switched out cell phone service to Sprint because they offered a plan where we could have 3 phones on the same plan for about $100 per month. This was the most basic plan we could find, since we did not need any extras. We already had 2 cell phones, but then we decided to also get rid of our land line and add another cell phone instead in order to save money. We were pleased to find out that we could add the cell phone and still keep the same phone number as our land line had. This was a big plus to me, since I was hesitant to get rid of our land line if it meant changing the phone number that we had had for 8 years. So, this plan of 3 cell phones seemed

to be the answer.

Within the first couple days of using my new cell phone, I began to miss my land line phone. I enjoy talking on the phone to friends and family and often engage in lengthy conversations. I always took this for granted when I had a land line, because then the call quality was never compromised. However, with the new Sprint cell phone, the quality of the call was often quite bad, unacceptable in my opinion. I literally could not hear the person on the other end of the phone, or I could only hear about every third word. There were delays, crackling, and the worst annoyance of all - an echo. While trying to carry on a conversation, I would hear myself talking after every word. This became so annoying that ...

• I began to dread even talking on the phone at all.

As if the horrible call quality was not bad enough, a lot of the time I could not even make a call at all. I would dial the number, only to get cut off and a message saying “call ended”. This happened time and time again with all 3 of our phones. Sometimes the call would get terminated in the middle of the conversation for no reason. Another major problem was the voicemail and text system. Sometimes we would not receive or messages until one or two days after they were left. Also, the phones would often never even ring or alert us in any way that someone was trying to call. I could have my phone on me all day long, and find out a day later

that someone had called, left a voicemail, or texted me the day before….all without the phone ever even ringing. This became unacceptable to us, especially since this makes it look like we are ignoring people’s calls, when in fact we never even got them!

So, we have begun the process of contacting Sprint and trying to get out of our contract. Suffice it to say that Sprint customer service is less than accommodating and we have not been happy with the treatment we have gotten regarding this matter. We are continuing to pursue this, and plan to keep at it until they relieve us from our contract. I would tell anyone who is looking for a cell phone provider to stay far, far away from Sprint. They have been nothing but one problem after another for us.

Sprint Cellular Phone Service

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2216031446380531/k2311a0316/3.16.11