LG Electronics GE20LU10 External DVDrw Drive  » Computers  »
  • I didn't have a DVD burner drive in my laptop computer and I wanted to purchase one so I decided to go with this one
  • I believe this is a great alternative to installing the drive into the computer
  • It's very small and I travel with it a lot so I love the fact that it doesn't take up much space
  • The drive operates fairly well but one thing that I have noticed about it is that it operates a little slower than a regular DVD burner
  • I don't look at this as being a particular issue to this drive because you can expect external drives to be a little slower than the traditional ones

• by John

I didn’t have a DVD burner drive in my laptop computer and I wanted to purchase one so I decided to go with this one. I believe this is a great alternative to installing the drive into the computer. I purchased it from Office Depot and I only paid 38 dollars for it. I believe the price is fairly inexpensive. I do a lot of shopping around and I don’t believe you can find many other brands at such a low price. It’s compatible with both

PC and Mac computers so I’m sure that you can get it to work with almost any computer. It not only burns DVDs but it also plays both CDs and DVDs.

It has a 2.0 USB interface which is a lot faster than most other usb devices. It is a total of 9 inches long and 6 inches wide. It’s very small and I travel with it a lot so I love the fact that it doesn’t take up much space. It’s 2 inches thick. It has an overall black look with silver trimming. It is somewhat bulky compared to others that I have used. When I first opened the box I was able to get it set it fairly quick without any problems. All I had to do was simply plug it into my usb port and my computer immediaitely recognized it. There was additional CD and DVD burning software included but it doesn’t have to be installed unless you plan on using that software.

The drive operates fairly well but one thing that ...

• LG Electronics GE20LU10 External DVDrw Drive
      I have noticed about it is that it operates a little slower than a regular DVD burner. I don’t look at this as being a particular issue to this drive because you can expect external drives to be a little slower than the traditional ones. It supports many different disc formats. I previously owned a drive that had problems reading from certain discs but I have not had any issues with that since I started using this one.

If you are looking to add a DVD burner to your

computer I believe this is a great buy. It’s so much cheaper and easier to use than installing an internal drive. If you install an internal drive you will not only have to purchase the drive but you will also have to possibly pay a professional for the installation so I believe that this is certainly the better option. I have been using it regularly since the time of purchase and I don’t have a single complaint about this thing. I would highly recommend it to anyone.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1916031446100531/k2311a0316/3.16.11