Equate Shampoo and Conditioner Pro Vitamin Moisture Renewal 25.4 oz  » Health  »
  • When I was running short on shampoo, (and money) one month, I bought a rather large and economical bottle of Equate brand Pro Vitamin moisture renewal shampoo and conditioner in one
  • I would say that the Pantene brand definitely does a better job of moisturizing, and that the Equate cleans better, meaning it is actually a bit harsher
  • I think this is a pretty good product and I would recommend it

• by reviewabit

When I was running short on shampoo, (and money) one month, I bought a rather large and economical bottle of Equate brand Pro Vitamin moisture renewal shampoo and conditioner in one. It was more than enough to last me until I got paid, but I figured since I got so much more for the money by buying the large bottle, if I didn’t like it for my hair, I could use it for body wash. I have found that moisture-rich and two in ojne type shampoos make great body wash and are very

gentle on the skin.

It had a nice fragrance, similar in character to the brand it was copying– Pantene. I have used Pantene many times in the past and generally loved all the products.

I remember when they used to come in round bottles with gold tops– that was ages ago. The old Pantene morphed into the “pro-V” line, and it was one of the very first two in one shampoo lines that were popular in the early nineties.

The product I bought here was similar in texture and feel to its branded relative. I had actually used the original Pantene version of this one so I was quite well qualified to compare the two.

When I first used the shampoo, I noted that the lather was very thick and rich, just like the Pantene brand. It cleansed thoroughly and rinsed easily.

It left my hair slightly more tangled than the Pantene had, but not much. I used an additional conditioner on top of the shampoo, and the tangles fell out.

It was difficult to tell if the shampoo had ...

•   Equate Shampoo and Conditioner Pro Vitamin Moisture Renewal 25.4  oz
      performed well since I had put a very heavy conditioner on it afterward, because I needed my hair to look good that day. The next time I washed my hair, I only used the shampoo, and although I still had a few more tangles than with the Pantene, I was able to manage them on my own.

After drying, my hair was smooth, shiny, and very clean. I would say that the Pantene brand definitely does a better job of moisturizing, and that the Equate cleans better, meaning it is actually

a bit harsher.

I was still pretty happy with it though. In a pinch, I wouldn’t mind using this shampoo long term on my hair.

When I was able to replace my regular products, I used the Equate shampoo as body wash. As expected, it performs very well as body wash and leaves my skin very soft.

I think this is a pretty good product and I would recommend it. If you need extra conditioning or moisture from your shampoo, it might be the first choice, but it is acceptable.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3416031446050531/k2311a0316/3.16.11