Jones Brand Fully Cooked Breakfast Sausage  » Food  »
2.5
  • Box of 10 pork breakfast sausage links (I bought maple flavor) available at select stores for around $2.50/box
  • I decided to give this product a try anyway
  • Unfortunately, when it came to taste and overall quality, I don't think this brand offered anything that the other brands didn't and, if I had to choose between this brand and those brands again, I probably would end up shopping on price knowing that I wouldn't be getting anything more if I spent more money
  • This is an OK product but I wouldn't recommend buying it unless it were on sale and cheaper than the other fully cooked sausage brands

• by Review Vigilante

Product Description: Box of 10 pork breakfast sausage links (I bought maple flavor) available at select stores for around $2. 50/box.

What I liked about this product: I usually don’t get a lot of time for breakfast and, even on the weekends (when I don’t have to go to work), I usually want something that can be made in a relative hurry.

That’s why I liked the fact this sausage was fully cooked.

Unlike many other brands, I didn’t have to worry about pan frying it and could just pop the sausage in the microwave and have it fully heated in about two minutes (I made all 10 at once, this cook time would have been shorter if I had just made part of the box).

The sausage also offered some decent size and didn’t shrink in the microwave like some other brands might.

This ...

• is a bonus because it meant the sausage was much more filling than expected.

I didn’t even need to make anything to go with the five links I ended up eating.

What I didn’t like about this product: When I was at the store, I had the choice to buy two other brands for less money than this one.

I decided to give this product a try anyway.

Unfortunately, when it came

to taste and overall quality, I don’t think this brand offered anything that the other brands didn’t and, if I had to choose between this brand and those brands again, I probably would end up shopping on price knowing that I wouldn’t be getting anything more if I spent more money.

My Final Opinion: This is an OK product but I wouldn’t recommend buying it unless it were on sale and cheaper than the other fully cooked sausage brands.

Fields Duncan says :

re : This is an OK product but I wouldn’t recommend buying it unless it were on sale and cheaper than the other fully cooked sausage brands
    Jones pre cooked sausage are great. They can be put in pigs and a blanket Cut up for making sausage gravy with Biscuits WE love them. They are a great product. But sometimes we have trouble finding them except at Costco

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2716031445880531/k2311a0316/3.16.11