Tour of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA  » Travel  »
  • There are so many interesting landmarks which I have only read about in our US History subject in high school that I was really thrilled to see
  • We waited in queue at the Independence Hall which was the most memorable experience in our Philadelphia tour

• by Ninrec

For our overnight stay at Philadelphia, my family bought All Day Passes from the Philadelphia Trolley Works and 76 Carriage Company for US$27 per person. This is a Hop On Hop Off pass good for one day, just like we did in New York City.

The tour around the city takes about one hour and thirty minutes with a very friendly tour guide pointing at landmarks and enlightening visitors on the history of the place. We decided to see the whole city first before exploring one by one the major landmarks. The lady at the information desk at the hotel advised us to

take the first trip if we want to have enough time to take in the beauty of the place before the traffic began and before so many people were in the city.True enough, the city is lovelier in the early morning.

There are so many interesting landmarks which I have only read about in our US History subject in high school that I was really thrilled to see. Some places I vividly remember are the Independence Visitors Center, National Constitution Center, China town, City Hall, Basilica of St. Peter & Paul, the zoo, and Christ Church. There are a lot more landmarks the tour guide showed us ...

• included in the day pass. The whole city is beautiful with various sculptures and works of art in almost all the streets. The city encourages everyone to indulge in art to be displayed in the city.

We waited in queue at the Independence Hall which was the most memorable experience in our Philadelphia tour. As we went from one room to another, we saw the rooms where the constitution was drafted and signed. We were always told to keep silent and no cameras while a sort of lecture was being said to the visitors. We were given one minute to take photos before the lecture began. In

there, I had a sample of the air of the early American life.

At the end of Hop On Hop Off tour, I was satisfied to experience the warmth of friendliness and history of Philadelphia. At China town, we dined at Ly Michael’s restaurant for Asian cuisine. The food and service were good.

Philadelphia is really a good destination not only for its history but for art, friendly people, and nice restaurants. The hotel we stayed in was also clean, comfortable and reasonably priced. Rating the different places we had visited in the United States, Philadelphia is my number one, historic, beautiful although a little laid back.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3816031445330431/k2311a0316/3.16.11