I Am Number Four - Teen Psi-fi Movie  » Movies  »
  • However the virtually unknown main actors (Alex Pettyfer, Teresa Palmer, Diana Argon, Callan McAuliffe) did a wonderful job and in my opinion were what made this movie good

• by Christina361

I took my 11 year old son to see “I Am Number Four” on the weekend, not expecting too much; and was surprised by this movie. It is your typical teen movie featuring a boy-likes-girl scenario, social issues and some type of major obstacle to over come. However the virtually unknown main actors (Alex Pettyfer, Teresa Palmer, Diana Argon, Callan McAuliffe) did a wonderful job and in my opinion were what made this movie good. I felt they portrayed their characters well, and felt a connection to them by the end of the film.

The premise is that there are these 9 “alien” kids from another

planet here on Earth, and they are the only ones left of their kind. Now there are these Mogadorians looking to kill off each of these remaining kids. I really didn’t like how they didn’t take the time to explain who the mogadorians were or why they wanted these kids.

The movie starts off with one through three being killed and now they are looking for number four. I wish they would have shown a little more of the background story, like more about the lives of numbers 1 through 3. Well number four, aka John Smith, played by Alex Pettyfer, has just found a ...

• girl he likes in the small Pennsylvania town that he and his guardian Henri, played by Timothy Olyphant have just moved to, and he doesn’t want to run away anymore. So he stays to fight the mogadorians. I feel this concept has been done time and time again, and it could have had some kind of twist to it, or a more in depth story to make it a bit more original. But on the plus side Timothy Olyphant is nice to look at. I also didn’t like how they didn’t bother to mention his story, like was he an alien? Did
        he live on the same planet or was he here on Earth? I really didn’t learn anything about him, and I wish they didn’t kill him off in this one, it would have been nice to see him in the second movie if there will be one.

There was enough action to keep my son interested, and barely enough plot to keep me into this teen drama. However the end just dropped off, leaving me waiting for the next movie (crossing my fingers there will be another one). So that kind of annoyed me. I wouldn’t buy this movie, but over all it wasn’t bad, check it out…

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1115031444920831/k2311a0315/3.15.11