LG Dare Phone
  • I bought this phone about two years back after scouting markets for a very long time and seems I don’t need to change my phone in the distant future
  • Love the sleek design and the big screen resolution is one of the best I have seen so far

• by Iris Jones

I don’t like changing phones very often unlike my younger brother. So, when I decide to buy a touch screen CDMA cell phone, it better be good enough to last me a few years! Enter LG Dare VX9700. I bought this phone about two years back after scouting markets for a very long time and seems I don’t need to change my phone in the distant future.

LG Dare VX9700 comes in a very classy black and silver color which is beautiful to look. Love the sleek design and the big screen resolution is one of the best I have seen

so far. There is an end key, talk key and clear key at the bottom of the phone. The USB power and the speaker button are on the left side and there is another unique feature which I quite liked – single button phone lock. That is really cool and very helpful! There is a 3.5 mm headset jack and the top of the phone and on the right side, the single touch camera and volume rocker. The micro SD memory port with USB, transfers files to my computer very easily. I wanted to share a unique feature that’s very ...

• helpful – Proximity meter. While making calls, when my face hits the screen, it goes dark, so I don’t hit any other button, also saving power.

The 3 inch touch screen is my main center of attraction. There is a shortcut button on the screen with an arrow mark, if you touch that, the menu shows up. The menu keys are easily movable according to convenience. I moved up my messaging and browser key upwards since I use them a lot. For messaging, I can just draw the letters (handwriting recognizer) or type on the touch screen keypad. The VZ

Navigator is awesome, so is the 3.2 megapixel camera that gives a total digital camera feel with numerous features.

The HTML web touch navigated browsing is no doubt my most favorite feature. With the EVDO REV A, it is one of the fastest internet speed phones. The talk time is very good, it lasts me about 2 days after recharge, however that depends on the usage.

I would have liked a few more color option though. The price is a set at $379. If you are looking for an out of the box phone, I dare you LG Dare VX9700!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3714031444880931/k2311a0314/3.14.11