Cysta-Q OTC Interstitial Cystitis Relief 60 capsules
  • A friend who I met because of our similar struggles with a long term bladder pain problem has been using this supplement for a few months
  • I noticed that the word “non-acidic” was printed after the listing, so I suppose that is to quell my fears
  • Probably everyone who has IC has been warned to avoid cranberry
  • I took about twenty capsules over the course of a couple of weeks, and I felt guilty for borrowing them when I found out how much these things cost
  • I hope I don’t have another flare up any time soon, but if I do, I will definitely buy some of these for myself (and pay back the few that I borrowed

• by reviewabit

A friend who I met because of our similar struggles with a long term bladder pain problem has been using this supplement for a few months. I did not purchase my own bottle, but used hers for a few weeks to clear up my own bladder issues. While my struggles with chronic bladder pain were pretty much solved by adopting an acid free diet and using several medications, occasionally I have a minor flare up which can last days to weeks.

This is usually from eating or drinking something that triggers it. I had one of these little flares recently.

After developing pain and bladder spasms, I saw my doctor to rule out any infection, and

was told my urine was clear. It was my old problem coming back.

While I was never formally diagnosed with interstitial cystitis, my symptoms tend to be very similar to my friend’s, who has been diagnosed– but her problem is constant and much more severe than mine. After being on a strict diet, antacids and drinking tons of water, I was still having problems after a week.

That is when my friend offered to let me try the Cysta-Q, which has dramatically improved her symptoms over the few months she has taken it. Quercetin, a bioflaonoid, is the main active ingredient in the Cysta-Q, and there are a few other natural ingredients to help absorption.

I ...

• was a little surprised to see cranberry on the ingredient list, since cranberry, while useful for preventing bacterial infection, doesn’t help IC or any bladder conditions not involving infection, and in fact, the acid nature of cranberry juice can make symptoms worse. I noticed that the word “non-acidic” was printed after the listing, so I suppose that is to quell my fears.

Probably everyone who has IC has been warned to avoid cranberry. I took about twenty capsules over the course of a couple of weeks, and I felt guilty for borrowing them when I found out how much these things cost! Fortunately, they seem to be worth it.

After only a few days, my symptoms were

soothed, and by the end of the two weeks, I was feeling back to normal. That’s pretty impressive, because bladder pain of uncertain origin is a condition which can be very difficult to treat successfully.

I hope I don’t have another flare up any time soon, but if I do, I will definitely buy some of these for myself (and pay back the few that I borrowed!) If you have IC or suspect you might, ask your doctor about these– I can personally guarantee two success stories, and I am sure there are more. If you really have IC, or symptoms like it, you probably don’t care what it costs if it works!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3414031444800931/k2311a0314/3.14.11