Neutrogena Ageless Intensives Lifting Concentrate Eye Cream  » Cosmetics  »
  • I am a huge fan of Neutrogena face and hair products, and when I found Neutrogena Ageless Intensives Lifting Concentrate Eye Cream on a one day half off sale at my local drug store, I just had to get it
  • I paid $12.99CDN plus tax for this Lifting Concentrate Eye Cream at a 50% discount
  • I like to see exactly the product I will be getting
  • I thought this was pretty odd for a product that billed itself as reversing aging around the eyes and to offer no further protection from the sun
  • I had to squeeze the blue tube quite hard, but when I did get the white cream out, it was quite thick in consistency, and when I rubbed and patted it gently around my eye area I noticed it immediatly soaked into my skin leaving no greasy residue

• by Melissa Glenn

I am a huge fan of Neutrogena face and hair products, and when I found Neutrogena Ageless Intensives Lifting Concentrate Eye Cream on a one day half off sale at my local drug store, I just had to get it. I’m in my mid thirties and despite always having used various eye creams for both day and night, I was still beginning to find fine lines around my eyes and I did not like it. As this particular Neutrogena Eye product came from their Ageless Intensives line, I figured it would be a stronger, concentrated product than some of the weak creams I had been using.

I paid $12.99CDN plus tax for this Lifting Concentrate Eye Cream at a 50% discount. I have to admit Neutrogena has done a fair job on packaging this product; the box itself is blue at the top with Ageless Intensives done in

small white lettering. This oblong box is clear the rest of the way down allowing me to see a blue tube with a clear cap underneath. I especially like it when cosmetic companies are transparent in their packaging. I like to see exactly the product I will be getting.

What I did find to my suprise is that although this is an Ageless Intensive product, this eye cream contains no SPF!!! I read and re-read the box looking to find the SPF number and there wasn’t one. I thought this was pretty odd for a product that billed itself as reversing aging around the eyes and to offer no further protection from the sun. I did find that this cream contains Neutrol and Biodynes which are exclusive anti-aging products to Neutrogena. I wasn’t sure what they were going to do for me, but it sounded good.

When I got ...

• the Neutrogena Ageless Intensives blue tube out of the box I found I really had to tug on the clear cap over the applicator to get it off. When I did, I noticed that the applicator is almost like that of a lip gloss which intrigued me, and not like any other eye cream I have ever purchased. I had to squeeze the blue tube quite hard, but when I did get the white cream out, it was quite thick in consistency, and when I rubbed and patted it gently around my eye area I noticed it immediatly soaked into my skin leaving no greasy residue.

I continued using htis Ageless Intensives Eye Cream for about two weeks, and then re-read the box. It said on the side that after just one week of use ‘89% of women saw reduced appearance of fine lines’. Well I was suprised,

nothing happenned to my fine lines at all, absolutely nothing. After three weeks, same results! I was beginning to think I had purchased a dud product. Then finally after four weeks of using this eye cream I did indeed begin to notice that those pesky fine lines fanning out from my eyes were in fact getting less visible.

After six weeks of using Neutrogena Ageless Intensives Eye Cream I can honestly say I have seen a big reduction in the fine lines around my eyes. This isn’t a bad cream; it doesn’t smell bad, it soaks into my under eye area quickly, and the Retinol in the product only left me a tingling sensation the first couple of times I used it. That said, it took a lot longer to work for me than the packaging said it would, which is why I’m not sure I would actually buy it again.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3114031444510831/k2311a0314/3.14.11