Ever Bilena Advance Lighting Lip Gloss in Captivating  » Cosmetics  »
1.5
  • My Experience and Opinion I was strolling around the mall, particularly in the cosmetic section, when I found this lip gloss from Ever Bilena
  • I thought that this is just the same with the other lip glosses out there that are placed in a classy and sturdy packaging
  • That being said, I am pretty disappointed with the glossiness of this lip product
  • However, I still want to recommend this to other ladies who prefer lip glosses with light formula such as this

• by hidge

The Product Captivating shade is a pinkish maroon shade with micro shimmers.

The container is a rectangular tube with an attached mirror in the side and the cap lights up once you pull it out where the doe-foot applicator is attached.

This has a faint, sweet pineapple scent but I did not detect any particular taste.

This has a creamy but thin consistency.

The retail price for this lip gloss is Php225 or around US$5.

My Experience and Opinion I was strolling around the mall, particularly in the cosmetic section, when I found this lip gloss from Ever Bilena. I thought that this is just the same with the other lip glosses out there that are placed in a classy and sturdy packaging. However, as soon as I tried the this, I was surprised.

This lip gloss has the same packaging concept with Rimmel Light Beam Lip Gloss. The packaging of this lip

gloss, as I have mentioned above, also has mirror in the side of the tube and a built-in light inside the cap that lights up once you pull it out. However, this lip gloss only has taller and slim-type container compared to Rimmel’s.

Color wise, this shade is only sheer. I applied this straight on my lips without any primer to see its real quality. It actually felt awkward applying this on because the light was directly hitting my lips and I was not really used to it; no biggie about that issue though. With one coat, this delivered a sheer and shimmery rosy pink touch on my lips, and I am happy to find out that the shimmers on this lip gloss are not gritty.

This is relatively expensive for this brand, so I was expecting that this would deliver a better, if not, a comparable quality to more expensive and known ...

• brands of lip glosses in the market. However, when I finally spread this on my lips, I was unpleasantly surprised. This looks creamy but applies thin even if I apply two layers. This does not create a mirror-like shine or not even a simple juicy shine. The shine of this lip gloss only reminds me of a mediocre moisture lipstick. That being said, I am pretty disappointed with the glossiness of this lip product.

On the other hand, this lip gloss feels moisturizing. This makes my lips feeling soft and hydrated but this cannot soften my natural lip lines, so this cannot make my lips look smooth.

Due to the thin consistency of this lip product, this could only last for one to two hours without eating or drinking. This may also last way shorter when worn outdoors due to harsh heat of the sun and strong wind.

This lip gloss feels light and

not sticky. I never felt or experienced any lip irritation or allergic reaction from this, thankfully.

The Bottom Line The only special thing about this lip gloss is its packaging, and everything ends there. The color, glossiness, and consistency of this lip gloss do not match its price. Honestly, this kind of quality alone, except its cool packaging, only deserves a US$1 to US$3 price and it should not go beyond that.

However, I still want to recommend this to other ladies who prefer lip glosses with light formula such as this. This does not feel heavy or sticky at all which could be ideal for them. This shade could also be good for women who prefer a natural or sheer color on their lips since that this does not give a full coverage.

Pros Has a built-in mirror and light, non-gritty shimmers, gives a wash of color, moisturizing, and not sticky.

Cons Lacks thickness, glossiness, and color payoff.

Would I buy this product again?

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3114031444320831/k2311a0314/3.14.11