Royal Shih Tzu’s
  • He thinks he is royalty at times as he does not believe he should step onto wet grass and runs and hides like a 2 year old when it is time for his bath

• by Cass
      Every morning when I wake up I look to the left and see Dusty Road, my 9 year old Shih Tzu sleeping and to the right I see Dudley-Do-Right, my 7 year old Shih Tzu. The Shih Tzu breed is said to be originally bred to sit around the palace of an Emperor of China and bark when people or animals approached. Well Dudley never barks, but Dusty would make the perfect Emperor’s representative as he does alert us every time someone new enters the house.

He thinks

he is royalty at times as he does not believe he should step onto wet grass and runs and hides like a 2 year old when it is time for his bath. Like any dog they need a lot of love and attention.

They are lap dogs and want to be in the same room with their owners. If I’m cleaning the house they are getting a work out too, moving from room to room.

They need a lot of care as their hair grows very long and ...

• must be brushed regularly. Most people take them to groomers so you would have that expense also, but I cut their hair short in the summer myself, to make the hot sunny days bearable as they love to take long walks.

Their eyes do cry and need cleaned gently each day. They are small dogs ranging from 10-15 pounds and are expected to live 10-14 years.

They are lively, friendly, sweet, loving and my best friends. I have not needed an alarm clock in 9 years as

they wake me each morning to let me know it is time to have breakfast and go out.

Although I was told this breed was hard to train, I trained them myself and they sit, stand, beg and fetch on command. They are a very intelligent breed.

There is very little shedding. They do have small pudgy noses, so be prepared they can saw some loud ZZZZ’s.

They are my babies and I would not want to come home to the house without them waiting at the door.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2007. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 29304144390130/k2311a043/4.3.07