McVities Chocolate Caramel Digestives  » Food  »
  • I decided to try a package and boy, I wish I had bought more
  • I find the amount of cookies your get in the package (at the original price) would definitely be worth paying for
  • I found these cookies taste their best when dipped in hot chocolate and the milk chocolate coating starts to melt with the caramel filling slowly following behind, it is truly decadent when eaten this way
  • So if you are looking for a semi-healthy snack that is still sweet or maybe just want your kids to eat something a bit healthier and they want sweets, grab a package of McVities Chocolate Caramel Digestives, you won't be disappointed if you do

• by RJR

While I was out shopping recently I saw McVities Chocolate Caramel Digestives on sale at half price because they were a few days away from the “sell by” date. I decided to try a package and boy, I wish I had bought more!

McVities Chocolate Caramel Digestives are wheatmeal biscuits or cookies which have a thin layer of gooey caramel on one side and then only the face with the caramel is covered in a thick layer of milk

chocolate. I find the wheatmeal biscuit to be very filling and hearty, with noticeable bits of wheat and oats and the biscuit isn’t too sweet on it’s own. The caramel filling isn’t too sweet either but it is nice and gooey when you bite into it, unless you store it in the fridge, then it becomes more chewy in texture. The milk chocolate coating over the caramel is a pretty thick layer and is probably the sweetest dimension ...

• of the whole biscuit. Very smooth and rich, but blends beautifully with it’s other elements to create a wonderful snacking cookie.

McVities Chocolate Caramel Digestives comes in a small red and yellow package and boasts the fact that it is made with wheat flour and wheat meal, no white flour is present in this biscuit at all. I find the amount of cookies your get in the package (at the original price) would definitely be worth paying for.

I found these cookies taste their best when dipped in hot chocolate and the milk chocolate coating starts to melt with the caramel filling slowly following behind, it is truly decadent when eaten this way.

So if you are looking for a semi-healthy snack that is still sweet or maybe just want your kids to eat something a bit healthier and they want sweets, grab a package of McVities Chocolate Caramel Digestives, you won’t be disappointed if you do.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2714031443560731/k2311a0314/3.14.11