The Lake House Movie  » Movies  »
  • When I was able to stop trying to have it make sense I enjoyed it immensely

• by Grsky

MSN Messenger (required to be logged into MSN Messenger)

Trying to describe this movie is difficult because the “science” of it detracts from its warmth and the beauty of the love story between two people who had to be together in spite of the impossibilty of it. I watch it often and never tire of it.

A quirk in the space time continuum gives Alex (Keanu Reeves) and Kate (Sandra Bullock) a chance to discover each other, save each other and

fall in love without ever actually getting to meet, or did they?

Alex is an architect who occupies a house that we are to discover was designed and built by his estranged father on a lake near Chicago. Kate, a physician, also occupies the house two years later or is it earlier? He is in 2004 and she is in 2006 but through the use of a time portal appropriately enough in the shape of a mailbox, they are able to communicate with each other through letters while living their parallel lives. The time displacement and the way their paths crossed was a bit confusing for a linear thinking person like myself but I was intrigued never-the-less.

When I was able to stop trying to have it make sense I enjoyed it immensely.

At one point Kate is taking ...

• The Lake House Movie
      a walk through the streets of Chicago with a map that she received from Alex. She finds a building that has “I am with you Kate” written on it - I could tell she felt him with her and it was, for me, a beautiful moment.

Reeves and Bullock were able to make the story believable and I wanted them to get together. I was thrilled when in the end they

were able to finally converge and join one another in real time. I knew they would, but knowing it did not detract one bit from the sense of satisfaction I felt when they embraced for the first time, or was it the second?

These questions can only be answered for yourself by watching the film.

The Lake House Movie

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1114031443510731/k2311a0314/3.14.11