Hamburger Helper Bacon Cheeseburger flavor  » Food  »
  • However, since everyone in my family likes the Bacon Cheeseburger flavor quite a bit, I am usually disappointed because there are not left overs

• by deem

I usually make Hamburger Helper a few times a month for dinner and I really enjoy trying new flavors. The Bacon Cheeseburger flavor is one of my favorites. When I purchased this flavor, I was skeptical about whether I would actually be able to taste any bacon flavor in the finished product or whether it would just be another cheesy pasta Hamburger Helper flavor, but I was pleased to discover that you do really get a yummy bacon flavor in this meal.

If you are new to Hamburger Helper, you should know that it is a line of skillet dinner mixes sold by the Betty Crocker company. There are a variety of flavors that are all based on the premise that you

will add the Hamburger Helper mix, which usually is either pasta, potatoes or sometimes rice, together with the Hamburger Helper flavor mix, to a pound of browned ground beef, and then add water and usually milk. Saute them all together for about fifteen minutes or so, until the pasta is tender. Remove from heat to allow the sauce to thicken which usually takes only a few minutes and you are ready to serve this meal that has been prepared in only one skillet so cleanup is a breeze also. All told, the Hamburger Helper meal takes about a half hour from start to getting it on the table. It is easy enough to do that even a beginner cook can manage it easily.

...

• The Bacon Cheeseburger Hamburger Helper flavor does taste remarkably like a bacon cheeseburger though with pasta instead of a bun. There is a good amount of cheese and if you like you could add ketchup to increase the similarity even further. You can also add a can of drained mushrooms to the skillet near the end of the preparation time if you like mushrooms on your cheeseburger and to stretch the meal a bit more too. I find that Hamburger Helper usually makes about four reasonable adult servings and can feed a family of five if the five includes small children. If I have any leftovers, I pack them into a plastic container and take them to work for lunch the next day.
        Hamburger Helper reheats very well in a microwave, and the Bacon Cheeseburger is no exception to that general rule.

In addition to tasting good and being easy to prepare, Hamburger Helper is reasonably economical. Although it is usually offered at almost two dollars a box, it often goes on sale for as low as a dollar a box. With coupons, I can often bring the price down even lower.

I really like Hamburger Helper and always hope that there is some left over so I can take some for lunch the next day. However, since everyone in my family likes the Bacon Cheeseburger flavor quite a bit, I am usually disappointed because there are not left overs.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2714031443490731/k2311a0314/3.14.11