Nintendo Gamecube Console  » Electronics  »
  • This Games Console has been out for years and although when this launched it seemed as if it was doing well, unfortunately for some reason I don't think this done as well as what Nintendo thought it would and although this stayed at the higher sale price for a little while the price then plummented and although you can still buy these nowadays the price for them is very low
  • The Purple one was marketed as a special edition colour but they both cost the same price
  • Although with the X Box 360's and PS3 consoles this is definitely lagging behind, but this came out well before them anyway
  • I would say that the ratio is more Kids games and I think that this is aimed at more a Kids console
  • A good enough fun Console that you can pick up cheap thesedays and if you don't want to spend a lot of money on a Games Console for your children then I would recommend this one

• by leeanne160480

This Games Console has been out for years and although when this launched it seemed as if it was doing well, unfortunately for some reason I don’t think this done as well as what Nintendo thought it would and although this stayed at the higher sale price for a little while the price then plummented and although you can still buy these nowadays the price for them is very low. Not great if you want to sell yours but good if you are buying! I feel that I want to sell mine, but I will get to the reason why I want to sell it later in the review. I have looked online for the prices that these go for and believe you can buy these certainly for under £10.

When these first came out they sold for well over the £100 mark. For this price you got the Console, all cables and Leads,2 Controllers and 1 Game. There was

a couple of choices of games but not that great a choice.

You got this Console in 2 different colours. The original one is the Black 1, and the other 1 is a nice Purple colour. The Purple one was marketed as a special edition colour but they both cost the same price.

The Console is a square box which is large enough but not overly large. The square is quite deep, but the measurements is just a typical Square shape. Still easy enough to stack on a shelf and although I wouldn’t say you could put things on top of this due to the width of this and also the lid of this being on the top of the Console. The Controllers just plug into the front of the Console and the Cables for the Controllers are quite long, so you can sit quite far back from the television to use this. Also the cables don’t seem to get ...

• tangled up easy either. The weird bit of this is that it has a handle bit on it as well, so you can actually pull out the flexible plastic bit and actually carry this around. I wouldn’t say that I would carry this about on it’s own as surely if I was taking this somewhere then I would need the cables and Controllers so therefore I would put this in a bag. At least the handle can lie flat against the unit as well, but you can still see this.

The discs for this are pretty small. They aren’t the usual size of Disk but push onto the spindle like any other Disc. You can use these discs in the Wii although you slide the discs into the Wii, so that’s why I feel that I don’t actually need the Console anymore as I can take the games and play them in a Console that I actually use.

The graphics

on this Console are alright. clear enough and colourful. Although with the X Box 360’s and PS3 consoles this is definitely lagging behind, but this came out well before them anyway.

So the games are fun on this. There was a good mixture of games available for this and they ranged from the clearly made for kids games, some Puzzles and more complex adult games such as strategy games. I would say that the ratio is more Kids games and I think that this is aimed at more a Kids console. the games are fun, but to look at a lot of them then I would agree that they are more probably aimed at 10 year old and under.

A good enough fun Console that you can pick up cheap thesedays and if you don’t want to spend a lot of money on a Games Console for your children then I would recommend this one.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1614031443360631/k2311a0314/3.14.11