Samsung SGH F-480
  • One thing that I found to be very disappointing about this phone was the sound quality when making calls
  • I tried adjusting volume levels to try and remedy this, but the sound is still very annoying and it was on this basis that I decided to get another phone
  • Also, I noticed that the phone drained the battery really fast, and most times I had to charge it every day
  • Without a doubt, I know that there are much better touch screen phones out there but despite its many flaws, this phone does have some good features too
  • I would therefore recommend this phone to anyone, though not as a main phone since if you depended on it, you might end up being a bit disappointed

• by kemibaro

Before I got my current phone, I had the Samsung SGH-F480, also known as the Samsung Tocco. It was a beautiful phone; the touch screen was large and easy to use. The screen also had a widget that showed the date and time and I could also place the music player there. It also had a very good 5 Megapixel camera whose photo quality was excellent. It had a flash so it was also possible to do night time photography.

I found the music player to be very good; it could plays MP3s without fuss and I found the audio quality to be pretty decent. The phone also has a radio which tuned to radio stations very clearly and easily. The phone also has a world clock which could show local time when you moved to a different time zone.

The first time I got it, it took me a while to get used to using the phone. I guess this may be attributable to the fact

that I am older and generally find it harder to master using new gadgets. This was no exception, and the fact that I had never used a Samsung phone before made matters worse but in the end I got used to it.

One of my biggest issues were with using it as a phone. For instance, I had a lot of trouble trying to send texts at first. This is because with my previous phone I had been used to writing the text first and then getting the contact from the phonebook, but with the Samsung it was the other way round. With a little help from my younger sister, though, I was able to get used to this too.

One thing that I found to be very disappointing about this phone was the sound quality when making calls. The sound was very tinny, and at times it was painful to my ears. I tried adjusting volume levels to try and remedy this, but the sound is ...

• still very annoying and it was on this basis that I decided to get another phone. Also, I noticed that the phone drained the battery really fast, and most times I had to charge it every day. It also used to get very hot on prolonged use.

Though the Tocco can handle a Micro SD card of up to 8GB capacity, I tried using the card once and never did it again due to the amount of frustration involved. This is because uploading files to the phone was very time consuming; you have to install Samsung PC suite software to do this and each song I tried to upload took about one minute to upload. This was very frustrating to me, considering that I wanted to add 250 songs so eventually I decided to not add the songs.

After installing the PC suite software, I also found it a bit difficult to connect the phone to the computer. This is due to the fact that the instruction

manual fails to mention that the screen lock must be off in order for a connection to be made. For a very long time I had problems with connecting it to the computer before I discovered this trick, and I wish it had been included in the instruction manual.

As said before, I found this phones camera to be easy to use and it gave excellent pictures. It had flash and zoom and though its never going to compete with SLR cameras, I found it very useful for capturing photo moments while on the go.

Overall, I am impressed with this. Without a doubt, I know that there are much better touch screen phones out there but despite its many flaws, this phone does have some good features too. I would therefore recommend this phone to anyone, though not as a main phone since if you depended on it, you might end up being a bit disappointed. This would make a very good secondary phone, or a phone for your kids.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3714031443300631/k2311a0314/3.14.11