Jason Earth’s Best Toddler Toothpaste Strawberry Banana 1.6 oz  » Health  »
  • I have a sensitive mouth and therefore have problems with the strong mint flavored adult pastes burning my mouth and tongue and making brushing an uncomfortable experience
  • I have tried the silly strawberry flavor from Jason before, and it was pretty good, so I decided to try this one too
  • Since it is made for toddlers, it comes in a much smaller tube, but at least the cost is lower
  • Based on what I have read, there is good reason for all of us to avoid fluoride since our water is fluoridated anyway, but I have yet to really try cutting it out completely
  • I would recommend this for toddlers, kids, or someone who wants a different flavor from what is usually available or needs a non-mint toothpaste like me

• by reviewabit

I have long been a fan of kid’s toothpastes. I have a sensitive mouth and therefore have problems with the strong mint flavored adult pastes burning my mouth and tongue and making brushing an uncomfortable experience. I tend to always buy the kid’s toothpastes, or natural products which have flavors other than mint.

I was bored with my usual paste and wanted to try something new when I saw this product from Jason. I have tried the silly strawberry flavor from Jason before, and it was pretty good, so I

decided to try this one too.

Since it is made for toddlers, it comes in a much smaller tube, but at least the cost is lower. When I brushed for the first time with this product, I had forgotten that many of the fluoride free natural pastes also have no foaming agents like sodium lauryl sulfate.

This product is SLS free as well, and fluoride free. This is a plus for anyone concerned with ingesting those two chemicals, and I can certainly see where this is appropriate for a toddler, who is likely to swallow a good amount of the paste.

Based on what I have read, there is good reason for all of us to avoid fluoride since our water is fluoridated anyway, but I have yet to really try cutting it out completely. This toothpaste does not foam.

This does not mean that it does not clean your teeth– we are all just used to having the chemical detergents that cause foaming, so we associate it with the functionality of the product, which is not accurate. My teeth were just as clean after using ...

• Jason  Earth's Best Toddler Toothpaste Strawberry Banana 1.6 oz
      this paste as with any other.

The only problem with me is that I tend to use too much of the paste to overcompensate for the lack of foaming, so it can make the product less economical in the long run if I do that. I will say that it is more difficult to brush your tongue with a paste that does not foam– which is why I refuse to completely give up my mainstream products.

The Jason performed as well as any of their products or the mainstream ones. The strawberry

banana taste was interesting and unique.

It is not a strong flavor. It is very mild and not overly sweetened.

It leaves a fresh fruity taste. It does not do much for breath odor– but I use other products to remedy that since my toothpastes tend to be un-minted.

I would recommend this for toddlers, kids, or someone who wants a different flavor from what is usually available or needs a non-mint toothpaste like me. However, given the size and lack of SLS, you might find mainstream products both more affordable and better suited.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3411031443250331/k2311a0311/3.11.11