MAC Oil Blotting Film
  • I think MAC’s slightly thicker, like latex perhaps
  • A pack of this blot film only has 30 sheets, though quantity is not really a big deal to consider, since the blot films are bigger in size
  • I paid probably 10 dollars for the MAC blot films
  • Clean and clear sheets only cost 3 dollars
  • If you’re a MAC devotee, I cannot discourage you to buy this, as it definitely does a good job of blotting oil

• by jhunie

I purchased these blotting wipes unexpectedly when I ran out of my clean and clear sheets. In the middle of a stressful trip, I was stuck in the duty-free products available nearby. I couldn’t find the common drugstore brands. My face couldn’t survive on airplane napkins the whole time. MAC’s blot film is in the same league as clean and clear’s oil absorbing sheets, which I use more often. Thus, it would be impossible not to make comparisons between the two.

I do favor how MAC’s larger sheet hugs almost my entire face like a facial tissue. I feel that it absorbs the oils much quicker. You can tell that the film is in action when the neat blue color turns distastefully transparent. I can really see through the oil-doused film. The texture

of the film changes too; it gets slippery. Then the disposable film just becomes a flimsy piece of paper to dispose afterwards. The blotting film instantly changes in color upon contact to the skin. This mattes out the shine. I follow it with a blotting powder.

I was thinking of cutting up the blot films into thin strips, so I can use them for much longer. Then I changed my mind, because I didn’t want the papers to possibly get contaminated or become unsterile. I assume they are sterile as long as they are contained inside the pack. I can do that with my other clean and clear blotting sheets. The film slides out of the holder through an adhesive strip found at the cover flap, which pulls the film up, and it’s ready

to use after opening. I handle the blotting film carefully, holding it on the far corners. I get sweaty fingers at times, and the film can absorb that.

The blotting films look exactly indistinguishable beside the clean and clear oil absorbing sheets. The color, the texture, and matte-fying ability are the same. The only determining factor is the dimension of the paper. A single MAC blot film can amount to 2 sheets of the clean and clear’s absorbing sheets. It’s more rectangular, whereas clean and clear’s is smaller and squarish in shape. An arguable dissimilarity, I sort of noted, is the thinness of the paper. I think MAC’s slightly thicker, like latex perhaps. I don’t claim that that makes the film stronger, or is made of a sturdier material over its close rival,

• MAC Oil Blotting Film
      as they both never tear. Considerably an advantage, clean & clear provides more in quantity - it contains 50 sheets. A pack of this blot film only has 30 sheets, though quantity is not really a big deal to consider, since the blot films are bigger in size. In totality, the 2 products get a tie.

But, there’s a tie-breaker. I guess everything boils down to price. I paid probably 10 dollars for the MAC blot films. That price may seem too much for a pack of disposable oil-absorbent sheets, right? To an extent, it feels too precious to use it, and then toss to the bin like a restroom tissue. Clean and clear sheets only cost 3 dollars. I’m lucky to still have both right now; I always have my pack of

clean and clear on hand, as a utility, everyday blotting fix, at home and not so much at work – thanks to my MAC blotting powder. I even cut it up to stretch its use. On events, I use the MAC for transitioning my makeup from day to evening, next to my cleansing oil, which leaves an oily film. This cleans up all of it. If you’re a MAC devotee, I cannot discourage you to buy this, as it definitely does a good job of blotting oil. I understand there are people in the beauty world who believe in the prestige of a brand – however impractical (count me in!). You can do just as well with clean and clear sheets for much less, if price matters to you. All the same, I recommend them both.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3111031442990231/k2311a0311/3.11.11