Eminem - Love The Way You Lie (Song)  » Music  »
  • I will admit that I wasn’t a big fan for the rest of Recovery and I found it to be a pretty average record, but Love The Way You Lie was one of the songs that did manage to stand out to me on this record
  • The thing about Recovery, and some of Eminem’s more recent releases for that matter, is that it’s significantly different than what Eminem would release earlier in his career and it’s unfortunately a change that I’m personally not a big fan of
  • The story that Eminem manages to paint in this song is what I believe what carries the track throughout
  • I found this interesting just because of how different their vocal styles were

• by grimmy101

Love The Way You Lie is a song by Eminem which appears on his most recent release, Recovery. As I’m sure many listeners already know, the song features Rihanna and the two go back and forth throughout the song with Eminem handling each of the verses and Rihanna taking lead on each of the choruses.

record, but Love The Way You Lie was one of the songs that did manage to stand out to me on this record.

The thing about Recovery, and some of Eminem’s more recent releases for that matter, is that it’s significantly different than what Eminem would release earlier in his career and it’s unfortunately a change that I’m personally not a big fan of.

Nevertheless, Eminem manages to have a wonderful set of lyrics on this song as ...

• they deal with issues of trust, emotions, love, violence and so forth.

The story that Eminem manages to paint in this song is what I believe what carries the track throughout.

Of course, the actual performances on the track are strong as well: Eminem progressively gets better as the song goes on, meaning that the final verse of the song is where he’s at his best, and Rihanna has a nice tone throughout the track as well.

On

the collaboration, the two actually sound better together than I expected.

Although Eminem sings with a tone of fury and aggression while Rihanna has a very melodic sound, the two somehow manage to create a song which sounds good with both of them; I found this interesting just because of how different their vocal styles were.

Overall, Love The Way You Lie is a very accessible song with good lyrics and performances and is certainly one of the standout tracks on Recovery.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1411031442860231/k2311a0311/3.11.11