Prince of Peace Tiger Balm Patches 4ct  » Health  »
  • When I read some reviews for this product, I thought it was a patch that actually provided heat, but it is not
  • I think it is pleasant, but if I am out and around people, I don’t want to smell like pain reliever
  • I would definitely recommend these for anyone who likes the feel of the mentholated products for pain, but wants to avoid the smell and mess

• by reviewabit

I have fibromyalgia pain that affects my lower back, and I have tried a great variety of pain creams, patches, and other products. When I read some reviews for this product, I thought it was a patch that actually provided heat, but it is not. The effective ingredients of Tiger Balm patches are the same as the cream/salve.

Its “heat” comes from the counter-irritant effects of camphor and menthol. This patch does not actually change temperature at all.

Any perceived “heat” is from the

effects of menthol on the skin, which can produce a hot or cold sensation, depending on your nerve endings. Although the product was not what I had thought it was, it does have some advantage over using the Tiger Balm ointments and creams.

It gives the same strong menthol and camphor to provide perceived relief of pain and muscle relaxation, but without the sticky, greasy, strong smelling mess. I don’t actually mind the smell of the camphor and menthol.

I think it is pleasant, but if I am out and around people, I don’t want to smell like pain reliever. It always invites well meaning questions! Also, it pretty much clashes with any kind of perfume under the sun, and I do love my fragrances.

This patch keeps the smell contained and locked away against your skin. I cannot detect any scent when I am wearing it, and I have asked others who also report that they cannot tell I am wearing one.

Only me and my back know.

• Prince of Peace Tiger Balm Patches 4ct
      Since it is concentrated and delivered in a hydrogel formula, it lasts much longer than a regular cream or ointment.

It stays put on the skin very well, and although it is obviously not good for bending joints or small curvy areas, it is great for flatter areas like the lower back. When you go to take it off, you don’t feel like you need to shower.

Only a very faint trace of the smell is left behind, and no moist or oily patch to worry

about staining your clothing. I have found that the Tiger Balm brand, although not actually much different in composition from many other menthol based brands, is particularly potent, so the idea of them making a trouble-free patch version was very useful.

I would definitely recommend these for anyone who likes the feel of the mentholated products for pain, but wants to avoid the smell and mess. I would repeat– these are not heated patches as some reports misled me to believe.

But they are still a very helpful product.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3411031442360131/k2311a0311/3.11.11