Hairagami Total Hair Makeover Kit (as seen on TV)  » Health  »
  • There were certainly some interesting pictures of possible hair styles on the front of the box, but they looked awfully complicated, and most of them were a little too “young” for me
  • I first tried watching the video and then confidently swaggering into the bathroom, thinking I could do this, no problem
  • I think this is probably a very fun gift for a young lady, but it made me feel too old

• by reviewabit

This kit of eight different styling tools/accessories, and an instructional video was given to me for a Christmas present. Every one who knows me personally has probably heard me complain about my thinning hair, and the lady who bought me this kit was told that it worked best for thinner hair. There were certainly some interesting pictures of possible hair styles on the front of the box, but they looked awfully complicated, and most of them were a little too “young” for me.

However, I was curious so I opened the box and played the video. I am not particularly skilled at styling hair.

It hurts my arms to

reach behind my head for any long periods so I tend to get frustrated and give up easily. There were a couple of styles I saw that I liked– simpler ones, which were very elegant.

I tried those using the instructions. I first tried watching the video and then confidently swaggering into the bathroom, thinking I could do this, no problem.

Needless to say I was back on the couch within minutes, my brain completely blank as to what I was supposed to do. I tried while having someone hold a mirror for me– in the livingroom, by the television.

It was crazy. I finally ...

• did manage to learn some of the styles I liked, using the bun and zig zag tools, but it was not very easy and took several attempts to get it right.

My niece found the kit more interesting than I did, probably because the styles were more geared toward her age group. I let her have some of the tools that I was not using.

She watched the video and seemed to get a grasp on all of them right off the bat, making me feel really old. The problem for her was that her hair was thick (like mine used to be–so sad!) So the

tools were not really staying in her hair well and seemed a little too small to get the job done.

These are plastic hair accessories that are not very well made, but I have seen worse. The video is helpful, but for most styles, I don’t feel they are worth the trouble and time and arm pain that it would take to create them on my own.

I keep the remainder of the gadgets in case I do ever need an emergency salon-looking style and can’t get to the hairdresser. I think this is probably a very fun gift for a young lady, but it made me feel too old!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3411031442330131/k2311a0311/3.11.11