Topsy Tail Style Hair Braid Tool Braidmaker  » Health  »
0.5
  • I looked online and found it– renamed and put out by a different manufacturer (I think)
  • Since my hair is thinner now than it used to be, I thought I would probably be able to get away with using it anyway
  • On this day though, I made quite an interesting discovery
  • You don’t actually need the tool to do this magical simple pony tail style that I love
  • Obviously, I do not recommend this product

• by reviewabit

Back in the nineties, I was given a “Topsy Tail” by an aunt, and I loved the thing. I had much longer hair then, and often needed to wear it back for work. I had since cut my hair much shorter and stopped using it so I lost track of the tool and couldn’t find it when I realized my hair had now grown long enough to use it again.

I looked for it everywhere, but you don’t really see it in stores anymore. I looked online and found it– renamed and put out by a different manufacturer (I think).

It was only about five dollars, so I ordered

one. When it arrived I took it out and saw that is was nowhere near the same quality as the old ones were.

This was an extremely flimsy and thin copy of the original. Since my hair is thinner now than it used to be, I thought I would probably be able to get away with using it anyway.

The first time I used it, things went pretty smoothly and I soon forgot how flimsy it was– until I tried to use it on someone else’s hair! My neighbor’s little girl had loved the way my hair was in the back, and asked if I could make her ...

• long, thick hair like mine. I said “sure” and brought out the Topsy Tail.

It was too flimsy to pull through her thick hair. When I tried, the tool stretched to the point that I was sure it was going to break if I tried to force it through.

On this day though, I made quite an interesting discovery. You don’t actually need the tool to do this magical simple pony tail style that I love.

All you have to do is make a pony tail and band it, just as you would if using the tool, reach above the band and carefully divide the hair into

two parts. Pick up the end of the pony tail and pull it over– pushing it through the divide, and then reach underneath to pull the rest of it through.

If your hair is long enough, you can do it twice, or do two pony tails or more to make it look like a fancy braid. With a little practice, anyone can do this, even behind their back, without needing to look.

Since making this discovery, I threw the Topsy Tail away. I don’t need it, and I am sorry I wasted five dollars on what probably costs a dime to make.

Obviously, I do not recommend this product.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3411031442300131/k2311a0311/3.11.11