Max Grey Men’s Comb Set  » Cosmetics  »
  • I like to buy combs that can be good for the entire family
  • When I took the combs out of the package, I was kind of disappointed at the flimsiness
  • I eventually noticed that a few too many strands of hair were in the comb
  • I think that this comb would be better fit for men with short and thin hair only
  • I would not recommend this package to those with naturally curly or frizzy hair

• by adrean_j

I like to buy combs that can be good for the entire family. It seems that we have a hard time keeping up with them and I find myself buying them often. Recently I purchased a pack of the Max Grey Men’s Comb Set. This set was only a dollar and came with 6 short combs. The combs varied with some having semi wide teeth and others narrow. There were no extra wide teeth combs in the package, but I do not prefer those anyway. The combs came in various colors, but they were all dark in tone. They are really manly and are in deep greens, greys, and browns. The combs seemed to be sturdy in the pack and I was hoping that it

could withstand our very kinky hair. When I took the combs out of the package, I was kind of disappointed at the flimsiness. It was not the worst comb I have dealt with, but it was not as strong as I would have liked it to have been. It was too easy to bend, and was not as stiff as a person with thick hair needs.

I first used one of these combs on my hair in the morning, when it is really a mess. The fine teeth comb did not do well on my hair. I felt a lot of tugging, and pulling. I eventually noticed that a few too many strands of hair were in the comb. I then used one with wider ...

• teeth, and had better luck with it. The combs seemed to work okay on my hair, but my hair is processed. I then had to use it on my daughter’s naturally curly and kinky hair. I had a hard time getting, any of the combs through her hair. She was whining a lot because it was so painful to try to rip these combs through her hair. I then started to notice that the teeth of the comb started bending and a few of them even ripped right off. I was kind of annoyed, because by the time I was done with her hair, the comb was bent and raggedy. The comb was of no more use, and I ended up throwing it away after
        finishing her hair.

I think that this comb would be better fit for men with short and thin hair only. My husband used it here and there, but his hair is short and thin. He has no problems getting the comb through his tiny waves. I would not recommend this package to those with naturally curly or frizzy hair. It is also not recommended for thick hair, because they are too flimsy. I only got a few uses out of each of the combs, especially when dealing with my children’s hair. I have tried other men’s combs similar to these and have had much better results. I do not plan on buying this product again, because it is a waste of money for people with our hair type.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3110031442210431/k2311a0310/3.10.11