Best Western Hickok House Hotel Casino  » Casino  »
137 Charles Street, Deadwood, SD 57732
  • This was convenient because though casino was small the hotel was average sized and if far from the casino floor, it would be an annoying walk especially at the night

• by demandon

Initially we got little confused and lost the way when driving to Best Western Hickok House casino and hotel. Though in the city itself, the roads had complexities and had to get help from the hotel staff. The staff was not easy to reach somehow and had to call again. But help was got and everything went fine.

Upon driving in this place did not look like run of the mill Best Western establishments. Attaching casino to Best Western itself was not a usual thing I have seen. Though the building was very old, the maintenance and landscaping was okay with a clean and

easy parking lot area.

The casino floor was probably the smallest of the area. It was smaller than an average casino with only few machines. The spacing was also not something I am happy about too.

But one thing I am happy was that though few in number, the machines served my purpose which was to have some gambling access at the place I am staying. And especially very late in the night hours before I go to sleep, this casino floor was literally deserted and I had the liberty to play at same machine for my entire stay of two nights. When checking in ...

• I requested the staff to give me a room very near to the casino area and they correctly gave me one.

This was convenient because though casino was small the hotel was average sized and if far from the casino floor, it would be an annoying walk especially at the night. The carpet did not capture much noise either and during the walk the noise echoed through the silent walkway which was not very good for a hotel. There was only one person handling the check in and checkout which caused wait time.

However luckily during check out time everything happened quickly. There was not

even one table to play here. The casino was strictly slot machines only and these machines were also average denominations.

I neither saw a penny game nor saw any high stake machine too. I picked a machine at almost the center space and did fairly well. During my stay here I did not gamble too many hours.

I only did just couple of hours before going to sleep in the night. That too I played in the same machine throughout. In that small tenure itself I made a little more than fifty dollars and I was very happy about the whole play.

It paid for a part of my stay there.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 4810031442190431/k2311a0310/3.10.11